Historic Theatre Group, LLC, a division of Broadway Across America, the nation’s leading producer and promoter of live theatrical events is seeking a qualified individual for part-time Custodial Technician for the Orpheum, State and Pantages Theatres. The ideal candidate should have knowledge and skills in custodial services. In addition the qualified candidate should be prepared for interaction with management personnel and theatre guests and have the ability to work well as a team and independently and to work quickly and efficiently.
- Through training and on the job experience, gains knowledge of the theatres and how they operate;
- Provides Custodial Services during events including maintaining auditorium, lobby area, bathrooms, front and back of house in a “show ready” state; most hours will be evenings and weekends with some holidays;
- Maintains exterior of the three theatres including the landscaping at the Orpheum Theatre, minor snow removal from all sidewalks surrounding theatres and maintains an ice free walking surface at all times;
- Makes accurate marquee changes as requested in a timely manner;
- Reports any damage to the theatres to supervisor promptly;
- Maintains appearance appropriate to the workplace and wears complete uniform during scheduled work hours;
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts;
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers, supervisors and cast members;
- Cooperates and works in sync with Event Manager and Theatre Operations Coordinators;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Passionate about the live entertainment industry;
- Willing to work a variety of hours including evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to maneuver a ladder and not be afraid to work from heights;
- Ability to work outdoors in various climate conditions;
- Ability to work independently and as a team; good decision making skills;
- Effective communication skills with staff and theatre guests;
- Willing to take work direction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Lift and/or carry up to 25+ lbs
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit, walk, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
This position is a full-time, exempt position, with a salary structure commensurate with experience. In addition, a competitive benefits package including company sponsored medical coverage; paid vacation and 401(k) are included.
How to Apply
Persons seeking to be considered for this position should include a resumer or job application and submit to:
Maintenance Department, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
800 LaSalle Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55402
You may alternatively email to HTG.Admin@BroadwAyacrossAmerica.com.