Assistant House Services Manager, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Historic Theatre Group, LLC, a division of Broadway Across America, the nation’s leading producer and promoter of live theatrical events is seeking a qualified individual for Assistant House Services Manager for Event Operations for the Orpheum, State and Pantages Theatres. The ideal candidate should have knowledge and skills in customer service, personnel and event operations. In addition the qualified candidate should be prepared for interaction with client and management personnel, both internally and externally, of all levels and an ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
The successful candidate will have a focus on overseeing all Front of House operations and procedures, especially as they relate to a positive guest experience.
- Assist Front of House Manager with all Front of House needs for events at the State, Orpheum and Pantages Theatres;
- Assist and enforce all set security measures established by HTG;
- Assist in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training of Front of House Usher staff;
- Assist in the monthly scheduling of Ushers, Event Managers and Security staff;
- Handle Merchandise settlement procedures;
- Work events on a regular basis as the Event Manager;
- Assist in coordinating and managing special events at venues;
- Assist in timely completion of performance evaluations of Front of House staff;
- Follow up on guest complaints/concerns as they apply to Ushering staff or other show-related issues; assist House Services Manager in properly documenting and implementing disciplinary responses;
- Prepare accurate and legible billings for all events and forwarding to the appropriate person in a timely manner for settlement;
- Assist in developing training materials and presenting to Front of House Staff;
- Assist with site visits to ensure that all client needs are accommodated;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree from an accredited 4-year college or university preferred;
- Passionate about the live entertainment industry;
- Experience in the theatre, music and live entertainment business;
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Willing to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends;
- Ability to work independently; good decision making skills;
- Background or experience in customer service and/or conflict resolution;
- Effective communication skills, including clear and concise writing skills;
- Highly Organized with attention to detail;
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel and Outlook.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Be able to freely maneuver stairs
- Talk and hear
- Lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume’ and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to Historic Theatre Group, 800 LaSalle Ave, Suite 120, Minneapolis, MN 55402 by August 1, 2016.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
This position is a full-time, exempt position, with a salary structure commensurate with experience. In addition, a competitive benefits package including company sponsored medical coverage; paid vacation and 401(k) are included.
Persons seeking to be considered for this position should include a cover letter, salary history and references.