Theatre Education Intern
Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State, Pantages and New Century Theatres, is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to arts-inspired community cultural development. We present a rich mix of live performances, create inspiring arts education experiences and advance a thriving downtown Minneapolis cultural district. Our activities include presenting Broadway touring productions, concerts, comedy, speakers and other variety entertainment. We teach and inspire high school musical students through our Spotlight Education program. We also create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows.
The Education Intern reports to the Director of Education. Duties include, but are not limited to, supporting general Spotlight Education operations, proofreading and consolidating evaluations, entering evaluations into the database, scheduling evaluators and Spotlight-related events and general event coordination and planning. This position is a part-time (10 hours/week), 12-week (beginning in May 2017), paid internship designed to give college students experience working in an arts organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Spotlight grant fulfillment
- Enter evaluations and other key documents into Salesforce, our database
- Create content for Spotlight Showcase
- Assist in other Education-related event coordination and planning as assigned
- Assist with social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Provide general administrative support to Spotlight Education
- High school diploma; currently enrolled in college
- Entry level position – no experience required
- Career focus is on the theatre education field
- Musical theatre background
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work well on a team
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discernment
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under deadlines
- Takes initiative
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Able to handle confidential data
- Knows when to ask questions and seek help
- Customer service driven
- Familiarity with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (email and calendaring)
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- May need to work evenings or weekends
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential function
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.