Spotlight Education Intern
Hennepin Theatre Trust is a nonprofit arts organization whose mission is to create positive change through the arts. We achieve our mission by presenting a rich mix of live performances, creating inspiring arts education experiences and advancing a thriving Hennepin Avenue cultural district in downtown Minneapolis. The Trust’s activities include presenting Broadway touring productions and concerts, administering Spotlight Education, our state-wide educational program for high schools, and our placemaking and public art program which has created such iconic works as the Bob Dylan mural. In addition, we have opened a new event center at 900 Hennepin Avenue. Learn more about us at hennepintheatretrust.org.
The Spotlight Education Intern reports to the Director of Education. Duties include, but are not limited to, supporting general Spotlight Education operations, proofreading and consolidating evaluations, entering evaluations into the database, scheduling evaluators and Spotlight-related events and general event coordination and planning. This position is a part-time (10 hours/week), 12-week (beginning in April of 2019 and running through the end of June of 2019), paid internship designed to give college students experience working in an arts organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather, proofread and consolidate evaluations and honors
- Enter evaluations and other key documents into Salesforce, our database
- Assist in other Education-related event coordination and planning as assigned
- Create content for Spotlight Showcase
- Assist with social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Provide general administrative support to Spotlight Education
- High school diploma; currently enrolled in college
- Entry level position – no experience required
- Career focus is on the theatre education field
- Musical theatre background
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work well on a team
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discernment
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under deadlines
- Takes initiative
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Able to handle confidential data
- Knows when to ask questions and seek help
- Customer service driven
- Familiarity with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (email and calendaring)
Physical and Schedule Requirement
- May need to work evenings or weekends
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential function
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.