Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State, Pantages and New Century Theatres, is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to arts-inspired community cultural development. We present a rich mix of live performances, create inspiring arts education experiences and advance a thriving downtown Minneapolis Cultural District. Our activities include presenting Broadway touring productions, concerts, comedy, speakers and other variety entertainment. We honor and inspire high school musical talent and critical review skills through our SpotLight Education program for high schools. We also create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows. Hennepin Theatre Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The primary responsibilities of the Event Manager are to welcome, seat, and direct guests during each event and ensure a positive guest experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of lobby, theatre space, and bathrooms and ensures all are in proper working condition; assists bar staff with cleaning, if necessary
- Takes tickets and ensures accurate seating of guests before and during each show
- Instructs and directs volunteer usher staff
- Reconcile and handle cash according to policy
- Assist venue manager with organizing bar staff and general stocking and cleaning
- Report any equipment that needs to be repaired to the New Century Theatre manager (operations manager)
- Consistently displays a positive attitude toward customers, coworkers, management staff and show personnel
- Available to all guests answer all questions and/or direct guest issues to venue manager
- Reports to venue manager or the property landlord any misconduct by any guest, co-workers or show personnel
- Reports any guest or staff incidents or injuries to venue manager; assists in completing incident reports as needed
- Participates in patron safety and evacuation, if necessary
- Ability to uphold the integrity of the Trust in all guest interactions
- Attends ongoing training events as assigned
- Maintains appropriate appearance: black pants, shirts and shoes; no t-shirts
- Assist in box office management, when needed
- Must have at least two to three years of experience in an event coordination, theatre industry or related position
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comfortable using computers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs
- Ticketing experience
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Candidates must available for a minimum of six months. The Event Manager/Theatre Usher position is a part-time, hourly position. Shifts are typically on nights and weekends depending on the theatre schedule
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions
Compensation: $12 per hour
All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.