Part Time Box Office Associate, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
The Historic Theatre Group is now hiring part-time positions for the Box Office team. We are looking for upbeat, creative problem solvers who thrive in a fast-paced and fun retail environment. Great customer service and interpersonal skills are essential. This challenging position utilizes multiple software systems to sell tickets to diverse customers, for a wide variety of events at three unique venues. Previous box office experience is preferred; Ticketmaster or Archtics ticketing software experience is a plus. Flexible daytime availability is desired, evenings and weekends will also be available for scheduling.
Please email resume, references and cover letter to HTG.Admin@broadwayacrossamerica.com
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employee Type : Part-Time
Industry: Arts; Live Music & Theatre
Job Type: Box Office
Reports to: Performance Managers, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Summary: Utilizes multiple software systems to sell tickets to diverse customers, for a wide variety of events at three unique venues, while providing welcoming and memorable customer service.
- Works in Box Office window selling tickets to customers and providing accurate information on a variety of subjects relating to shows, facilities, related resources, and theatre and ticketing policies; answers phone inquiries in a polite, courteous manner;
- Assists subscribers with their needs pertaining to their season subscription.
- Provides positive and instructive technical and customer service support for other Box Office Associates by answering questions, and assisting them on the Ticketmaster system and the Archtics system;
- Oversees the daily upkeep of the Box Office including accurate filing, regular cleaning, and archiving past show and operational materials;
- Maintains adequate supply inventory for the Box Office;
- Tracks and maintains lost and found items in accordance with standard Box Office policy;
- Accepts deliveries and moves packages as necessary; makes daily mail runs throughout the theatres and between organization’s offices, as requested;
- Accurately performs routine duties related to opening the Box Offices (e.g. counting banks, unlocking doors, turning on lights etc.) in accordance with standard practice;
- Accurately performs duties related to closing the Box Offices (e.g. running reports, locking doors, locking files, transporting deposits, etc.) in accordance with standard practice;
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts, returns from breaks on time;
- Maintains appropriate appearance and wears complete uniform during all scheduled work hours;
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers, supervisors, cast members, and shows;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven strong customer service experience required.
- Previous experience handling cash required.
- Box Office/Ticketing experience preferred.
- Ticketmaster and/or Archtics software experience preferred.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Starting wage for this position is $13.05 per a collective bargaining agreement. Union membership is required.
Persons seeking to be considered for this position should send email including a cover letter, resume and references to HTG.Admin@broadwayacrossamerica.com