Part-Time Usher, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
The Historic Theatre Group is now hiring a part-time usher. We are looking for upbeat, passionate person with strong interpersonal skills. Previous experience in the live entertainment industry is preferred; background in customer service a plus. Flexible evening and weekend availability is desired.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employee Type: Part-Time
Industry: Arts; Live Music & Theatre
Job Type: Live Entertainment Event Business
Experience: Minimum of two years experience
Reports to: House Services Manager, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Summary: Ushers can be considered the primary customer service components of the Company. They are the main contact for the majority of our guests and are charged with the responsibility of making our guests feel welcome and in a positive frame of mind to enjoy the varied entertainment programming our theatres provide.
- Maintain the cleanliness and order of all theatre spaces and property
- Assure that the theatre is in a “show-ready” condition prior to the doors being opened to the public
- Scan or read theatre tickets and direct guests to the proper entrance into the theatre
- Direct guests in finding their seats in the theatre; assist guests with special needs as directed by Floor Captain or Event Manager
- Insert program changes into programs; distribute programs as directed
- Respond to and provide direction to guests in emergency or evacuation situations in accordance with Theatre evacuation plan
- Provide direction to guests for facilities located inside or outside of the Theatres
- Assist in ensuring that all theatre policies are followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passionate about the live entertainment industry
- Experience in the theatre, music and live entertainment business
- Willing to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends; average of 3 shows/week
- Ability to work independently; good decision making skills
- Background or experience in customer service and/or conflict resolution
- Effective communication skills, including clear and concise writing skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Persons seeking to be considered for this position should include a cover letter, salary history and references.
To request an application, contact:
Jerry Knock, House Services Manager
Historic Theatre Group, LLC
800 LaSalle Ave, Suite 120
Minneapolis, MN 55402