Performance Manager — State Theatre, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
The Historic Theatre Group is now hiring a full time position for the Box Office leadership team. We are looking for upbeat, creative problem solvers who thrive in a fast-paced and fun retail environment. Great customer service and interpersonal skills are essential. This challenging position utilizes multiple software systems to sell tickets to diverse customers, for a wide variety of events at three unique venues. Previous box office experience is preferred; Ticketmaster or Archtics ticketing software experience is a plus. Flexible daytime availability is desired, evenings and weekends will also be available for scheduling.
Please email resume, references, cover letter and salary history to HTG.Admin@broadwayacrossamerica.com
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employee Type : Full Time
Industry: Arts; Live Music & Theatre
Job Type: Box Office Management
Experience: 2+ years
Reports to: Director of Ticketing Operations, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Summary: The performance manager — State Theatre manages all ticketing aspects of State Theatre shows from confirmation to settlement, with a client and customer service focus. This individual also provides team-oriented leadership to part-time Box Office associates. Resolves all customer, client, staff and technical challenges as part of the box office leadership team.
- Oversees all ticketing aspects of shows such as: assisting clients with hall pricing, capacity, and sales strategies; event creation; placing holds and discounts; tracking all event related material
- Maintains knowledge of marketing and reporting tools available and makes appropriate recommendations to clients based on sales trends
- Communicates all important show information effectively and completely; clearly disseminates all appropriate information to staff, coworkers, clients and the public
- Oversees Box Office management during shows. Responsible for setting up, running ,and settling all ticketing aspects of performance and preparing all reports for night of show settlement for all State Theater shows, as well as shows at other venues as needed
- Promptly prepares and presents accurate statement packets to appropriate promoters, producers, and HTG staff; able to answer all questions about ticket sales and settlements
- Efficiently resolves all day of show ticketing issues, and assists in resolving any in-house problems that develop during performances. Resolves all problems courteously, with an emphasis on customer safety, comfort, and happiness
- Hires, supervises, disciplines and trains part-time box office staff as part of box office team; ensures proper orientation to HTG policies and standards and Box Office procedures
- Maintains and updates written procedures and training materials; keeps comprehensive records of policy and procedures
- Provides yearly reviews to direct reports and a 90-day review to new hires; quickly addresses employee complaints; disciplines employees in accordance with HTG’s policies and procedures as needed; updates employee files in writing on all relevant incidents and processes all human resource issues in accordance with HTG policies
- Maintains and tracks Box Office archives including event records, sales statistics, Box Office deposit and Journal activity archives; develops systems for easily accessing this information as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 4 year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Previous management or supervisory skills required
- Proven strong customer service experience required
- Previous experience handling cash required
- Box Office/Ticketing experience required
- Day, evening, weekend and holiday hours required
- Accounting and financial experience preferred
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster Host and Archtics software preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
This position is a full-time, exempt position, with a salary structure commensurate with experience. In addition, a competitive benefits package including company sponsored medical coverage, paid vacation and 401(k) are included.
Persons seeking to be considered for this position should send email including a cover letter, resume, salary history and references.