Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State, Pantages and New Century Theatres, is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to arts-inspired community cultural development. We present a rich mix of live performances, create inspiring arts education experiences and advance a thriving downtown Minneapolis Cultural District. Our activities include presenting Broadway touring productions, concerts, comedy, speakers and other variety entertainment. We honor and inspire high school musical talent and critical review skills through our SpotLight Education program for high schools. We also create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows. Hennepin Theatre Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides excellent customer service to patrons of New Century Theatre while representing the staff of the New Century theatre in a professional and friendly manner. This position is part time, evening hours specifically around the New Century Theatre show schedule.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer questions and provide information over the phone and through email
- Sync ticket scanner at theater entrance at the beginning and end of each shift
- Process any cash or credit card walk-up sales
- Print and distribute will call tickets for every performance
- Print any lost or stolen tickets to Etix
- Provide drop count to the Event Manager (house manager) and New Century Theatre Manager (operations manager)
- Reconcile their cash bag
- Complete their deposit envelope; insert CARD tickets, cash and signed CC tickets
- Responsible for handling, labeling and proper storage of all lost and found items recovered within the venue on a daily or per show basis
- Attends ongoing training events as assigned
- Perform duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in a customer-service related role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with both customers and team members
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of Etix or other ticketing software
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time
- At least 21 years of age
All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.