Box Office Generalist
Reports to: Theatre Operations Manager
Status: Part-time (non-exempt)
Reporting to the theatre operations manager, the box office generalist is responsible for selling tickets, assisting patrons with all seating/ticketing needs, and providing excellent customer service.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Process ticket sales.
- Answer phone, email, and in person ticketing requests and questions.
- Provide information about 824 Hennepin and Brave New Workshop productions, events, and ticketing policies.
- Provide excellent customer service by being a positive, courteous, and helpful presence at 824 Hennepin.
- Complete end of shift financial reconciliation and reporting.
- Solve patron and ticketing issues with a sense of urgency.
- Prepare for upcoming performances by printing tickets and preparing reports.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, return from breaks on time.
- Comply with Hennepin Theatre Trust appearance standards by wearing complete uniform during all scheduled work hours.
- Prioritize accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicate box office needs and opportunities for improvement with theatre operations manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Customer Service experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ticketing system experience.
- General theatre knowledge.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Able to consistently work evenings and weekends.
- Comply with the dress code policy during all scheduled shifts.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.