Box office supervisor, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employee type: Full time
Industry: Arts; live music and theater
Job Type: Box office supervisor
Experience: 1+ years
Reports to: Director of Ticketing Operations, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Summary: The box office supervisor manages the daily operations of the State Theatre Box Office, with a client and customer service focus. Provides team-oriented leadership to full-time and part-time box office associates. Resolves all customer, client, staff and technical challenges as part of the box office leadership team.
- Ensures smooth operation of daily box office functions including accurate daily balancing of box office sales in accordance with Historic Theatre Group’s finance department; promptly resolves any problems including chargebacks; orders change and maintains box office banks; oversees the daily upkeep of the box office including filing, cleaning, repairs and maintenance by utilizing box office associates
- Ensures accurate and timely daily sales reporting, while maintaining proper confidentiality
- Creates and maintains monthly box office schedules ensuring accuracy and coverage for all box office shifts
- Maintains all displayed marketing materials and keeps them up to date
- Assists with ticket inventory management and house seat orders for performance managers
- Works with Ticketmaster to design reports to meet box office needs; ensures replacement or repair of hardware/equipment as needed; coordinates installation and training on new hardware and software upgrades
- Resolves all ticketing problems quickly with a focus towards strong customer service
- Supervises full-time staff, including providing training, discipline, giving performance reviews; schedules regular full-time meetings; gives direction for box office projects
- Hires, supervises and trains full- and part-time box office staff as part of box office leadership team; ensures proper orientation to Historic Theatre Group policies and standards and box office procedures
- Maintains and updates written procedures and training materials; keeps comprehensive records of policy and procedures
- Maintains box office archives including event records, sales statistics, box office deposit and journal activity archives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- 4-year college degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Box office/ticketing experience required
- Proven strong customer service experience required
- Previous experience handling cash required
- Experience with Ticketmaster classic and Archtics software preferred
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
This position is a full-time, exempt position, with a salary structure commensurate with experience. In addition, a competitive benefits package including company-sponsored medical coverage, paid vacation and 401(k) are included.
Persons seeking to be considered for this position should send email including a cover letter, resume, salary history and references.