Development Event Specialist
Reporting to the director of development, the part-time event specialist is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing in person events related to the mission of Hennepin Theatre Trust. This position is responsible for working collaboratively across departments to ensure that branding, messaging, and communication consistently reflects our mission and our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. It requires someone who is extremely organized, detailed and focused with an ability to communicate and build relationships with donors, sponsors, vendors, businesses, artists, educators, and stakeholders. This is a part-time, salaried position with varying degrees of hours worked, depending on the needs of the business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, plans and implements all development, external relations and program related events and manages expenditures within budget.
- Highly driven with excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, achieve goals, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Leads event day of preparation and implementation and is the point person, or day-of contact, for events.
- Works closely with Events Team to implement event needs and logistics.
- Handle all event timelines and will coordinate event set-up and tear down with the events team.
- Collaborate with the director of development and the director of external relations, and work with additional directors and program staff on event branding, marketing plans, social media content, and promotional materials.
- Maintains invite lists and works closely with external relations to coordinate design and release of invitations, event collateral, and manages additional lists and RSVPs related to events.
- Oversee the development event calendar and the execution of other fundraising and organization special events.
- Maintains detailed event records and provides post-event summaries, evaluation, and critiques.
- Promote and foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all attendees of our events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least 2-4 years of related experience.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed.
- Active commitment to establishing a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Able to keep confidential information private and secure.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Experienced in data entry and records management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar data management database.
- Experience working with vendors.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Will work some nights and weekends.
How to Apply
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.