Digital Marketing Coordinator
This position directly reports to the digital marketing manager and is part of the external relations team. The external relations team is a collaborative group comprised of communications, public relations, and marketing professionals. It integrates consistent messaging internally and externally throughout all communications channels to support the vision of Hennepin Theatre Trust. This includes marketing Broadway shows and other entertainment, education and art activation initiatives, promotions of The Hennepin, and fundraising efforts.
The digital marketing coordinator assists in the execution of the Trust’s digital communications strategy by writing, editing and publishing content for website and email, maintaining and managing email distributions lists and data, and creating effective campaigns. The person in this role possesses excellent skills in writing for multiple digital platforms in a manner that is compelling and interesting to a variety of readers. The digital marketing coordinator also mines and analyzes data, providing insights and recommendations that influence strategies that support all functions of the organization.
Principal duties and responsibilities
HTML Emails and list management
- Distribute frequent email messages about shows, events and weekly newsletters to broad audiences.
- As assigned, write, edit and publish regular and periodic email content, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of content.
- Develop and execute email campaigns, including analyzing and sharing results, providing insights and making recommendations for future improvement.
- Maintain, update email lists, ensuring data integrity.
- Maintain the organization’s master email calendar.
- Maintain master email reporting documents.
Website Editing and Maintenance
- Write, edit and publish content for the website.
- Champion data-driven website strategies to enhance user experience; elements include search engine optimization (SEO), audience navigation behavior and increasing user engagement.
- Troubleshoot and solve minor problems with website.
- As needed, collaborate with third party vendors to resolve larger website issues or to develop new website functionalities.
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of the Trust’s editorial calendar.
- Assist the digital marketing manager with A/B testing.
- Follow digital communications and media trends and evaluate effectiveness of communications and marketing strategies.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to write for website and email. Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience in developing digital communications campaigns as part of overall strategic communications.
- High attention to detail and ability to proofread.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills; able to prioritize, problem-solve and flex with change.
- Ability and commitment to establishing a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exercises good judgement and discernment.
- Proficient with website content management systems (CMS), specifically Word Press, HTML code and mass email platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with Adobe Creative suite, particularly Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO.
- Familiarity with AP Style Guide.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions
- Some nights and weekends are required
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.