Digital Media Coordinator
Applications will be accepted through September 23, 2021.
Reporting to the digital media manager, the digital media coordinator is part of an external relations team that includes communications, public relations, and marketing. This position reports into a team responsible for all digital marketing platforms for Hennepin Theatre Trust. This individual has a wide range of skills that demonstrate a command of effective visual storytelling techniques. They know how to craft messages that engage key audiences and foster a digital community, and they can produce creative content under tight deadlines.
The digital media coordinator is primarily responsible for creating and publishing social media content to create an engaged community, support our fundraising efforts and promote shows, events, programs, and artists. The role will also help the Trust engage with new communities in support of our diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy. The role is also responsible for gathering data on content performance and recommending ideas for improvement. The work ultimately results in better community engagement, an increased awareness of the Trust’s value in the community, and more people participating in helping the Trust serve the people of Minnesota.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Draft copy and publish content in the voice of the Trust in alignment with key messaging strategies.
- Create and post on-the-ground social media content from events, classes, public art installations and more.
- Capture photos of events and happenings as needed.
- Create graphics for use on social media.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities that increase the appreciation of the Trust and inspire people to get involved. Reinforce key messages and themes via social media channels.
- Collaborate with colleagues to devise compelling social media plans.
- Monitor social activity and ensure accurate and timely responses.
- Cultivate an engaged online community by interacting with audience members.
- Ensure work is aligned with editorial calendar.
- Provide multimedia support as needed, taking photographs for use on social media.
Research and analytics
- Record content performance on a regular basis.
- Provide reports on social media performance and provide content and/or process recommendations.
- Collaborate with digital marketing team to consolidate digital reporting for external relations and leadership.
- Archive digital assets.
- Follow communications and media trends.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications, journalism, visual communication, or photojournalism.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills working with digital platforms including social media channels and social media integration tools.
- Experience creating on-site social media content.
- Ability to cultivate online communities.
- Ability and commitment to a collaborative and productive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize and problem-solve.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discernment.
- Proficiency with MS-Office and Adobe Creative suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with a DSLR camera.
- Familiarity with AP Style Guide and understanding of brand standards.
Physical and Schedule
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Some nights and weekends are required.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.