Reporting to the event operations manager, the event coordinator serves the mission of the Trust by delivering a high-level of customer service, purchasing concessions and supplies, and maintaining accurate and appropriate levels of inventory.
The person in this role enjoys creating an exceptional renter and guest experience and motivates staff to do the same. As assigned, the event coordinator will advance, coordinate, and execute events. They will also act as event lead on occasion, overseeing staff and ensuring the event meets or exceeds outcomes. The event coordinator manages the day-to-day operations of our pre-show lounges, ensuring the lounges deliver a great guest and donor experience while operating profitably.
The event coordinator takes pride in skillfully negotiating the best prices with vendors, finding the right prices from suppliers, keeping costs low and quality high, and maintaining appropriate inventory levels. Committed to diversity and expanding the Trust’s ability to source supplies locally, the person in this role helps expand the Trust’s supplier diversity. In all things, the event coordinator is focused on wowing customers, running an efficient operation, creating return business, and inspiring word-of-mouth advertising to fulfill our mission and grow our event business.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- As assigned, work directly with clients to advance, coordinate, and execute events. At times, serve as lead for events. Regardless of role, deliver a high-level of customer service, ensuring renters and their guests enjoy their experience, resulting in return business and word-of-mouth advertising.
- Collaborate with Hennepin Theatre Trust’s eligible sponsors to produce events that exceed expectations and delight guests.
- Manage day-to-day operation of preshow lounges. Share ideas and insights to improve attendance at the lounges, including, but not limited to, staffing plans, room arrangements, social media strategies, drink and food menu, pricing, special performers, and themed nights.
- As assigned, serve as event lead for pre-show lounges, ensuring quick service, high-level of customer satisfaction, and a great donor experience.
Supply Chain Management
- Purchase and manage concessions and supplies for the event center and office, including, but not limited to, negotiating the best prices with vendors, keeping costs low without risking quality, ensuring inventory levels are adequately maintained to minimize waste, ensuring inventory is secured, and conducting regular manual inventory checks.
- Make recommendations to event center director and event operations manager regarding concession product selection and pricing.
- Process accurate reports and include insights and recommendations to help with decision making. Submit them in a timely manner.
- Partnering with maintenance specialist and security specialist, maintain clean and organized storage areas so any employee can access and find materials.
- Regularly review vendors with management to assess vendor performance.
- Manage the theatre, liquor and confectionary licenses and maintain compliance.
- Other work as assigned.
People Management and Development
- As assigned, supervise full and part-time event staff.
- Model the values, ethics, and performance standards of Hennepin Theatre Trust.
- Cultivate a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience in event coordination, restaurant management or other related fields.
- Practices a high level of customer service; possesses strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Driven to establish a profitable business while exceeding the expectations of renters and guests.
- Experience working within budgets.
- Successful track record negotiating with vendors and managing vendors.
- Proficient at accurately managing inventories, including creating and running reports, maintaining appropriate levels of products, organizing supplies, and conducting manual inventories.
- Experience supervising productive and engaged teams.
- Shows a strong commitment to celebrating diversity, establishing equity, and ensuring inclusion.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Self-motivated, opportunistic, and resourceful.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Able to keep confidential information private and secure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, POS, and event management software.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Requires evening and weekend hours.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.