Reporting to the event operations manager, the primary role of the event lead is to deliver an exceptional guest experience while overseeing assigned events at The Hennepin. The event lead is responsible for the overall operation of assigned events and for making sure our client’s desired outcomes are met by ensuring service teams (bartenders, caterers, musicians/DJ’s, etc.) are meeting or exceeding expectations and that events run smoothly by directing resources and, when needed, assisting in completing tasks. The person in this role must be able to coordinate events, both big and small, simple, and complex. The event lead must be able to quickly build trust with the client and respond to client’s needs in a timely, friendly fashion. In the absence of the event operations manager, acts as the primary point of contact for client, guests and service team.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Overall, this role is responsible for delivering the desired client’s outcomes for the event. The tasks may begin as early as load-in and set up and will continue through the event take down, load out and room restoration.
- Delivers a great guest experience as the person overseeing assigned events for The Hennepin.
- Able to build positive relationships quickly with customers, co-workers, management staff, caterers, and event-related personnel. Responsible for resolving customer complaints.
- For assigned events, acts as primary point of contact for clients, guests, employees, volunteers, caterers, and other event-related staff.
- Delegates work to employees and volunteers.
- Ensure the event space is clean, neat, and ready for guests well in advance of the event’s start time.
- Reconcile point of sale close out procedure with bartenders.
- Assist in completion of reports as requested.
- May act as greeter for some events.
- Able to serve as backup bartender as needed.
- As needed, maintains cleanliness of kitchen and kitchen equipment, removes trash and recycling; helps with stocking, cleaning, and organizing bar and/or liquor storage rooms.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Bartending experience.
- Basic understanding of sound and light tech work.
- Proven track record for providing top-notch customer service.
- Ability and commitment to establishing a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excels at being a member of team.
- Takes initiative.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; able to easily adapt to change.
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems.
- Experience completing credit card transactions and operating a cash register.
- Has completed or can completed Safe Serve or T.I.P.S. training.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time.
- At least 21 years of age.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.