Event Operations Manager
Reporting to the event center director, the event operations manager is responsible for delivering a great guest experience for all events held at The Hennepin, Hennepin Theatre Trust’s new art and cultural event center. This an opportunity for an experienced event operations manager to help establish a nonprofit, events-based business focused on community outreach. Scope of work includes, but is not limited to, overseeing the coordination of events, managing full-time, part-time, and volunteer staff, and managing our catering relationships. The role will oversee the guest experience and financial performance of our pre-show lounges.
Principal duties and responsibilities
Event Management and Leadership
- Partner with event center director and event center sales manager in helping grow a new event center that is community focused.
- Advance, coordinate and execute events that reflect well on the client, caterer and Hennepin Theatre Trust.
- Ensure staff delivers exceptional customer service that exceeds guest expectations resulting in repeat business.
- Manage financial and operational aspects of the business including event center expenses, maintaining and improving processes, and finding efficiencies.
- Process settlements in an accurate and timely manner for assigned events.
- Serve as client single point of contact for all assigned events or ensure one who can deliver an exceptional guest experience is assigned.
- Maintain and manage event management, scheduling, and point of sale platforms.
Relationships & Partnerships
- Cultivate a strong relationship with our catering partners.
- Manage contracts and relationships with other vendors, including security and valet parking organizations.
- Maintain strong relationships in the Hennepin Theatre District and with City personnel, including Downtown Improvement District.
- Other work as assigned.
People Management and Development
- Manage, coach, and develop full and part-time even staff.
- Model the values, ethics, and performance standards of the event center team.
- Cultivate a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience or equivalent experience.
- Successful track record of hiring and managing a successful cohesive event team that wows renters and customers.
- Shows a strong commit to celebrating diversity, establishing equity and ensuring inclusion.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and interpersonal; able to build strong relationships with staff, clients and vendors.
- Experience in writing rental contracts and processing settlements.
- Models exemplary level of customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability and commitment to establishing a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Able to keep confidential information private and secure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience using point of sale, schedule and event coordination platforms.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Requires evening and weekend hours.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.