5 to 10 on Hennepin, a project of Hennepin Theatre Trust, activates a five-block stretch of Hennepin Avenue between 5th and 10th streets as a vibrant destination for everyone to enjoy.
Our kick off event is Thursday, August 18 between 9th and 10th streets.
We will have a mobile stage in the Orpheum Theatre parking lot, featuring:
5-6 p.m. Katy Vernon Band (indie folk singer/songwriter)
8-9 p.m. Beatrix Jar (experimental synthesizer sound)
Additional activities will include:
5-7:30 p.m. Saint Paul Conservatory of Music (children ages 5-18 playing strings) and Arman Shah (comedian/magician)
7:30-10 p.m. The Fires of 1918: Fantome Roso Duo (gypsy jazz duo) and The Dangerous Fun Show (escape artist/fire eater)
5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Summer Soiree at LeMeridien Chambers Minneapolis – Register today!
Food and drink provided by MacKenzie’s Pub
More About 5 to 10 on Hennepin
Each week on Thursdays, Hennepin Theatre Trust is activating one city block between 5th and 10th streets along Hennepin Avenue from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. by filling the sidewalks, surface parking lots, while partnering with business and property owners to provide:
- An artist and makers market with up to 30 vendors per week
- “Community Collaboration”
- A mobile sound and light stage with three live performances each evening
- Street performers and buskers
- A coached basketball court
- A ping pong table
- Table games (chess, giant Jenga, giant Connect Four)
- Food and drink
- Temporary tables and chairs