Join us to celebrate the launch of “It’s the People,” a project inspired by the people whose experiences and stories create the unique vibrancy of Hennepin Avenue. It features nine large-scale portraits created by renowned Minnesota artists and features the avenue’s regulars. The artwork centers on five themes: workforce, transportation, LGBT+, theatre and youth.
You can find the banners at these locations:
- 33 South 6th St (City Center) — Workforce by Jake Armour
- 710 Hennepin Ave (Pantages Theatre) — Transportation by Xavier Tavera
- 830 Hennepin Ave (The Saloon) — LGBT+ by Nancy Musinguzi
- 900 Hennepin Ave (Hennepin Theatre Trust) — Theatregoers by Maya Washington
- 10 S 10th St (FAIR School) — Youth by Wing Young Huie and FAIR School students
Come to the party to enjoy live music and hear from some of the artists, grab a map and see how “It’s the People” joins our existing murals and public art projects to help transform the places and spaces that make the Hennepin Theatre District a vibrant, welcoming and safe place.
The project is presented by Hennepin Theatre Trust with support from UBS Wealth Management and Clear Channel Outdoor. Learn more about the project here.