HOW TO BUY TICKETS
If you don’t have tickets to Hamilton yet, check Ticketmaster.com for availability.
HAMILTON Lottery Details
The digital lottery will open at 11:00 AM CT two days prior to each performance.
HOW TO ENTER
- Use the official app for HAMILTON, now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/app).
- You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery to register beginning two days prior to each performance.
- The lottery will open at 11:00 AM CT two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 AM CT the day prior to the performance.
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11:00 AM CT the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided).
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two (2) tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 PM CT the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4:00 PM CT the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets void if resold.
Patrons must be 18 years or older and have a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable. Ticket limits and prices displayed are at the sole discretion of the show and are subject to change without notice.
Lottery prices are not valid on prior purchases. Lottery ticket offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. All sales final – no refunds or exchanges. Lottery may be revoked or modified at any time without notice. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning.
Ticket limits will apply
There is a limit of four (4) tickets (for the entire run of the production, Aug 29-Oct 7) to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to purchase tickets for HAMILTON. Online purchases will be reviewed. Any and all purchases found violating the HAMILTON ticket policy will be canceled without further consideration. There are no group sales for HAMILTON.
I want to buy tickets in person
If you don’t have tickets to Hamilton yet, check Ticketmaster.com for availability.
Download the official HAMILTON app for additional information.
How can I pay for my tickets?
Tickets purchased online through Ticketmaster.com may pay using the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Tickets purchased in person at the theatre box office may pay using cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover (sorry, no checks will be accepted.) Please be prepared to show photo identification for all purchases.
Darn, I didn’t get tickets
If you didn’t get tickets, there is still hope! Additional seats will be made available for sale closer to the engagement. Please check Ticketmaster.com regularly availability. HAMILTON holds a ticket lottery before every show. The lottery details are not yet confirmed, so for the most accurate information, sign up for our email list at http://bit.ly/HTTSignUp or follow Hennepin Theatre Trust on Twitter and Facebook. Download the official HAMILTON app for additional information. We will update this page when we have the final details confirmed.
Protect your investment
Each ticket has a one-of-a-kind barcode. Sharing this bar code on line can compromise your tickets. Do not share a photo of your HAMILTON tickets with anyone – especially on social media. Keep them in a safe place. #CoverTheCode. Get more information about #CoverTheCode.
How can I avoid scammers?
You should avoid unintentionally buying tickets from ticket resellers, who resell tickets at many times the face value. Here are a few simple BUYER BEWARE tips:
- Purchase your tickets from Ticketmaster.com ONLY. HennepinTheatreTrust.org redirects to Ticketmaster.com when you click the Buy Tickets link.
- Tickets may be posted for resale on Ticketmaster.com; these resale tickets are guaranteed because they are verified by Ticketmaster’s system.
- If you see tickets for thousands of dollars or on a website other than Ticketmaster.com, you are probably buying from an unverified second-party ticket reseller. If you buy from a second party vendor, we cannot guarantee the validity of the ticket and you risk being denied admission, refunds and/or exchanges if it is found to be fraudulent.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the show?
The performance runs 2 hours and 45 minutes, including a 20 minute intermission. Strobe lights, fog, haze, gun shots and cannon booms are used in this production.
Will there be accessible performances?
Yes. ASL performances will be on
- Sunday, September 2 at 1 p.m.
- Friday, September 14 at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 19 at 7:30 p.m.
Audio Described performances will be on
- Sunday, September 2 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, September 16 at 1 p.m.
Open Caption performances will be
- Thursday, August 30 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 9 at 1 p.m.
If you are in need of descriptive services, please call the box office at 612-339-7007 or email Accessible@BroadwayAcrossAmerica.com. Tickets for the interpreted performances must be purchased by August 1, 2018.
Is there an age requirement?
HAMILTON is appropriate for children ages 10 and up, however everyone does need a ticket. Please note the performance runs 2 hours and 50 minutes and does contain some strong language and non-graphic adult situations. Strobe lights, fog, haze, gun shots and cannon booms are used in this production.
I’d like to bring a group – how can I do that?
Please be advised that group tickets will not be available for HAMILTON.
Where does the balcony overhang the main floor?
The balcony overhangs between rows G-J. See a seating chart and the view from your seat here.
Why are tickets so expensive?
There are tickets in a variety of price levels to choose from, ranging from $79 to $199 with a select number of $479 premium seats available for all performances. If you see tickets for thousands of dollars, you are probably buying from an unverified second-party ticket reseller. There is no guarantee these tickets are genuine.
Can I get on a waiting list if additional tickets become available?
Unfortunately, there is no waiting list for HAMILTON tickets. We encourage to check Ticketmaster.com regularly.
Can I exchange my tickets?
Sorry, ticket exchanges are not available for HAMILTON. Since all sales are final, we are unable to offer refunds. Be sure to check the following information before completing your purchase: show title, day, date, time of performance, and number of tickets.
Can I see the theatre?
Unfortunately, the Orpheum is not open. All in-person sales agents have a detailed seating chart to help you visualize where you will be sitting – you can also see a seating chart and the view from your seat here.
Is it better to sit on the main floor or the balcony?
This is a question of personal preference. The main floor will give you a front-on view of the stage; the balcony will give you an overview of the stage. If anyone in your party has a fear of heights, main floor seating will be a better option.
Are charitable ticket donation requests available for HAMILTON?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate ticket donation requests for HAMILTON.
What is HAMILTON about?
HAMILTON is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B and Broadway, HAMILTON is the story of America then, as told by America now.
Will Lin-Manuel Miranda be in the show?
No, this will be an all new cast, but it will be produced with the same attention to detail and high quality as the Broadway production. The Minneapolis production of HAMILTON is part of the national tour and features the nationally touring cast. Casting for the tour reflects the same talent, attention to detail and high quality as the Broadway production. For more information about the cast in this U.S. tour, visit: HAMILTONMusical.com/Tour
Where can I learn more about HAMILTON?
We recommend not posting your tickets on social media. For more information on protecting your tickets online, please click here.
Feedback, questions or comments?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.