Reporting to the theatre operations manager, the primary role of the house manager is to deliver an exceptional patron experience while overseeing performances at 824 Hennepin, home of Brave New Workshop. The house manager acts as the primary point of contact for patrons and staff during assigned performances. The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, organized, detailed oriented, and a team player unafraid to take on a leadership role. This is a part-time position with varying degrees of hours scheduled.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Deliver excellent patron experience as the person overseeing assigned performances for 824 Hennepin, home of Brave New Workshop.
- Responsible for resolving patron concerns, in conjunction with the box office.
- Assign location and duties to ushers.
- Ensure equipment, including, but not limited to, ticket scanners and POS systems are functional, and the event space is clean, neat, and ready for patrons in advance of the performance.
- Coordinate pre and post show functions with the production team.
- Be available for patron issues during the performance.
- Reconcile point of sale close out procedure with bartenders and box office.
- Submit accurate and complete end of shift reporting. Assist in other reporting as requested.
- Ensure closing duties are performed, the building is securely locked, and the security system is set.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for streamlining operations to the theatre operations manager and event director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Theatre, front of house, house management, or related experience.
- Proven ability providing excellent customer service.
- Excels at leading a team and overseeing event performances.
- Active commitment to establishing a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust with a diverse group of people.
- Takes initiative to effectively solve problems.
- Exercises sound judgement.
- Manages multiple priorities with the ability to adapt to change.
- Proficient in MS-Office and the ability to navigate basic pc, laptop, and mobile phone applications.
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems.
- Experience operating POS systems and completing end of shift reconciliation.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Comply with the dress code policy during all scheduled shifts.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.