Reports to: Theatre Operations Manager
Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Reporting to the theatre operations manager, the primary role of the house manager is to deliver an exceptional patron experience while overseeing performances at 824 Hennepin, home of Brave New Workshop. The house manager acts as the primary point of contact for patrons and staff during assigned performances. The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, organized, detailed oriented, and a team player unafraid to take on a leadership role.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Deliver an excellent patron experience as the person overseeing assigned performances for 824 Hennepin, home of Brave New Workshop.
- Responsible for resolving patron concerns, in conjunction with the box office.
- Assign location and duties to ushers.
- Ensure equipment, including, but not limited to, ticket scanners and POS systems are functional, and the event space is clean, neat, and ready for patrons in advance of the performance.
- Coordinate pre and post show needs with the production team.
- Be available for patron issues during the performance.
- Reconcile point of sale close out procedure with bartenders and box office.
- Submit accurate and complete end of shift reporting. Assist in other reporting as requested.
- Ensure closing duties are performed and that the building is locked up and security system set.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for streamlining operations to the theatre operations manager and event director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Theatre, front of house, house management, or related experience.
- Proven track record for providing excellent customer service.
- Excels at leading a team and overseeing event performances.
- Ability and commitment to establishing a productive, collaborative culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to build strong relationships and build trust with a diverse group of people.
- Takes initiative.
- Exercises sound judgement. Has well-developed problem-solving skills
- Resourceful and able to easily adapt to change.
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems.
- Experience completing credit card transactions, operating/closing a cash register, and completing end of shift reconciliation.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Comply with the dress code policy during all scheduled shifts.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.