IT Manager/Salesforce Administrator
Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State, Pantages and New Century Theatres, is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to arts-inspired community cultural development. We present a rich mix of live performances, create inspiring arts education experiences and advance a thriving downtown Minneapolis Cultural District. Our activities include presenting Broadway touring productions, concerts, comedy, speakers and other variety entertainment. We honor and inspire high school musical talent and critical review skills through our SpotLight Education program for high schools. We also create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows. Hennepin Theatre Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The IT Manager/Salesforce Administrator ensures Hennepin Theatre Trust’s technology needs are met for today and the needs for tomorrow are anticipated and planned for. This includes managing the Salesforce platform and FinancialForce. In partnership with the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and other Trust personnel, the role develops and implements annual and long-range technology plans and projects for the Trust. Other areas in scope include managing the day-to-day functionality and maintenance of computers, servers, email, phones and the VOIP system. The role is also responsible for ensuring websites are equipped to receive donations, sell tickets and accept rental inquiries. In addition, the role is responsible for managing the Trust’s third party technology partners. On occasion, the role also works with the rest of the operations team by providing technology support for events.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads a cross-functional team to develop a long-term strategy for the Trust’s Salesforce.com org instance.
- Designs and executes short and long-term implementation plans for upgrades and improvements.
- Manages relationship with SalesForce.com consultant and account executive.
- Manages and resolves staff requests and issues.
- Performs on-going maintenance on the platform, including, but not limited to, security profiles and appropriate access.
- Conducts staff training, including developing training materials, facilitating training sessions and following up with team members to ensure adoption and application.
IT Strategy and Management
- Develops annual and long-term technology plans and budgets; Manages monthly budget-to-actuals.
- Ensures technology plans are designed to be as inexpensive as possible without compromising employee efficiency or quality.
- Maintains appropriate up-to-date security systems for all IT-related functions to ensure all the Trust’s data is protected, especially sensitive donor, patron and financial data.
- Partners with appropriate team members to ensure credit card processing and ticketing systems are secure, functional, PCI compliant and fulfill other requirements as identified.
- Acts as an internal consultant, working with team members to ensure technology solutions address the needs of the organization.
Project Management and Process Implementation
- Manages technology-related projects; works with stakeholders to identify and establish project outcomes, including creation of scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, sustain plan, contract execution and timing
- Completes scope of work to estimate effort and time needed.
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools; monitors and reports on progress to stakeholders.
- Proactively manages costs and timeline to achieve deliverables.
- Trains staff to ensure seamless delivery.
- Accountable for timely completion and project results along with stakeholders.
Technology Partner Relationships
- Manages relationship with technology partners.
- Partners with Chief Administrative Officer to negotiate contracts.
- Reviews consultant invoices and designates individual expenses to specific departments for accounting to process; Seeks to find ways to reduce spend with third parties.
Other Technology Responsibilities
- Acts as first point of contact for and assisting staff with technology-related needs.
- Leads the formulation, implementation and maintenance of the Trust’s telecommunication system.
- Ensures functionality of computers, servers, phones and other technology as identified.
- Other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least three years of SalesForce.com administration experience
- com Administrator Certification
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with changing priorities
- Able to keep confidential information private and secure
- Able to define and record processes simply for users
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation skills and experience working with vendors and consultants
- Able to learn new systems quickly
- Experience with database management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.