Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State and Pantages Theatres, is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to arts-inspired community cultural development. We achieve our mission by presenting a rich mix of live performances, creating inspiring arts education experiences and advancing a thriving Hennepin Avenue cultural district in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are the presenting partner in our Broadway on Hennepin Season and we present a robust lineup of concerts and events in and around our theatres. Our educational initiatives include working with over 90 schools across Minnesota with our Spotlight Education program. Our public art program includes Made Here, a walkable urban art experience, and the iconic Bob Dylan mural.
The Marketing Coordinator provides general administrative support to the Marketing team and occasionally provides front line customer service on behalf of the team.
When assigned, the coordinator may assist team members who are leading the marketing effort for a specific show, event or program. At times, the Marketing Coordinator may be assigned to take additional responsibility as the lead on marketing assigned shows, events or programs for Hennepin Theatre Trust.
If the Marketing Coordinator is assigned to lead, the role determines key dates, creates a comprehensive ad plan, negotiates rates, buys media, creates ads and determines timeline for printed collateral in execution of the ad plan. The role also monitors sales and adapts the ad plan as necessary. At the end of a show’s run or after an event, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assembling tearsheets and a marketing settlement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages print collateral for Hennepin Theatre Trust shows, including, but not limited to, ordering, planning, coordinating street team, posting and distribution, and removing old content
- Manages relationships with vendors
- Monitors the Hennepin Theatre Trust “info” email, responding to patrons when possible and passing them on to team members when necessary
- Coordinates the Playbill pages for all Broadway shows
- Manages Ticketmaster Ticket Alert scheduling for all Hennepin Theatre Trust presented shows
- Updates and distributes the schedule of events
- Prepares sponsorship analytic recaps after every show
- Prepares agenda for Broadway Across America and other meetings as assigned
- Performs general administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, processing invoices, and collecting and distributing tearsheets
- Brainstorms creative promotion strategies
- Researches marketplace and industry innovation
Show/event/program marketing assistance
- Assists the marketing lead on media buys as needed
- Orders and traffics all spots and print ads
- Organizes settlements
- Performs other tasks as apparent or requested
Marketing lead on assigned campaigns for shows, events, programs
- Develops and manages marketing campaigns including, but not limited to, timelines, advertising, price negotiation, promotions and sales budgets
- Manages individual show, event and program budgets
- Drafts ad plans, compiles and submits show settlements and tear sheets as needed
- Sets sales timelines for shows, events, programs presented by Hennepin Theatre Trust
- Negotiates and schedules print, television, radio, outdoor and digital advertising
- Maintains effective relationships with internal communications team, outside vendors, marketing consultants, presenting partners and other stakeholders, in addition to national press representatives to plan and execute advertising and promotional campaigns
- Initiates promotional and trade advertising opportunities with print, radio, TV and digital media for assigned shows
- Prepares marketing settlement for assigned shows, which includes invoices and tearsheets
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 2 years of related experience (or equivalent)
- Experience in event or entertainment marketing, advertising, communications or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow and coordinate schedules between many parties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Willingness to take on other roles to ensure success of entire department
- Ability to maintain friendly, cooperative, and professional relationships with customers and vendors in a variety of settings
- Familiarity with a range of digital marketing platforms
- Proficient in MS-Office programs
- Enthusiasm for and interest in theatre, performing arts and/or the entertainment industry
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
We provide great benefits to full-time employees, including health care, vision, dental benefits, transportation support and a fitness reimbursement program.