Part-time Box Office Associate
Job Description: Part-time Box Office Associate
Historic Theatre Group, LLC, a division of Broadway Across America, the nation’s leading producer and promoter of live theatrical events is seeking a qualified individual for a part-time Box Office Associate position for the Orpheum, State and Pantages Theatres.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Works in Box Office window selling tickets to customers and providing accurate information on a variety of subjects relating to shows, facilities, related resources, and theatre and ticketing policies; answers phone inquiries in a polite, courteous manner
- Utilizes multiple software systems to sell tickets to diverse customers for a wide variety of events at three unique venues, while providing welcoming and memorable customer service
- Assists subscribers with their needs pertaining to their season subscription.
- Provides positive and instructive technical and customer service support for other Box Office Associates by answering questions, and assisting them on the Ticketmaster system and the Archtics system
- Oversees the daily upkeep of the Box Office including accurate filing, regular cleaning, and archiving past show and operational materials
- Maintains adequate supply inventory for the Box Office
- Tracks and maintains lost and found items in accordance with standard Box Office policy
- Accepts deliveries and moves packages as necessary; makes daily mail runs throughout the theatres and between the organization’s offices, as requested
- Accurately performs routine duties related to opening the Box Offices (e.g. counting banks, unlocking doors, turning on lights etc.) in accordance with standard practice
- Accurately performs duties related to closing the Box Offices (e.g. running reports, locking doors, locking files, transporting deposits, etc.) in accordance with standard practice
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts, returns from breaks on time
- Maintains appropriate appearance and wears complete uniform during all scheduled work hours
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers, supervisors, cast members, and shows
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keyboarding proficiency with 10-key preferred
- Able to quickly learn proprietary ticket sales software
- Overall computer proficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Basic mathematical competency and cash counting
- Requires using a personal mobile device for 2-factor authentication app
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Sit for long periods
- Stand, walk, reach overhead, and crouch
- Lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.