Part-time Performance Manager
Job Description: Part-time Performance Manager
The Performance Manager manages all ticketing aspects of State, Orpheum, and Pantages Theatre shows from confirmation to settlement, with a client and customer service focus. Provides team-oriented leadership to Box Office Associates. Resolves all customer, client, staff and technical challenges as part of the box office leadership team.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Manages performances day of show as main box office ticketing contact before, during and after performances.
- Responsible for setting up, running ,and settling all ticketing aspects of performance; prepares and presents accurate reports and statements for night of show settlement;
- Efficiently resolves all ticketing issues, and assists in resolving any in-house problems that develop during performances. Resolves all problems courteously, with an emphasis on customer safety, comfort, and happiness;
- Leads box office staff; empowers them to provide knowledgeable, efficient, and welcoming customer service; supports and trains staff in maintaining high levels of service;
- Assists with all ticketing aspects of shows including: event creation and maintenance; manages inventory; makes appropriate recommendations to clients regarding pricing, scaling, sales strategies, discounting and marketing
- Communicates show information effectively and completely; clearly disseminates all appropriate information to staff, coworkers, clients and the public;
- Hires, supervises, disciplines and trains Box Office Associates as part of box office management team; helps to create and ensures proper orientation to HTG policies and box office procedures;
- Provides reviews and feedback to employees; quickly addresses employee complaints; disciplines employees in accordance with HTG’s policies and procedures as needed; updates employee files in writing on all relevant incidents and processes all human resource issues in accordance with HTG policies;
- Maintains box office archives including event records, sales statistics, box office deposit and journal activity archives;
Performs other duties as assigned.
The Performance Manager directly supervises approximately 20 part-time employee(s) as part of the management team. The Performance Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Managing performance
- Providing recognition and feedback to employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving concerns
- Keyboarding proficiency with 10-key preferred
- Overall computer literacy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Basic mathematical competency and cash counting
- Able to analyze and translate box office reports to accurate presentations to clients and coworkers
- 4 year college degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Previous management or supervisory experience required.
- Proven strong customer service experience required.
- Previous experience handling cash required.
- Box Office/Ticketing experience required.
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster Host and Archtics software preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Sit for long periods
- Stand, walk, reach overhead and crouch
- Lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.