Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator
Hennepin Theatre Trust is a nonprofit arts organization whose mission is to create positive change through the arts. We achieve our mission by presenting a rich mix of live performances, creating inspiring arts education experiences and advancing a thriving Hennepin Avenue cultural district in downtown Minneapolis. The Trust’s activities include presenting Broadway touring productions and concerts, administering Spotlight Education, our state-wide educational program for high schools, and our placemaking and public art program which has created such iconic works as the Bob Dylan mural. In addition, we have opened a new event center at 900 Hennepin Avenue. Learn more about us at hennepintheatretrust.org.
Reporting to the event manager, the volunteer coordinator administers our volunteer program, helping deliver a great guest experience in our three historic theatres and our event center at 900 Hennepin. The person in this role also acts as one of our receptionists at 900 Hennepin, creating the first impression for visitors, making them feel welcomed and cared for as they wait to be picked up by other employees. They also play a key role in executing the security strategy for the building by buzzing visitors and deliveries into the building and making sure they sign in and out.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate the volunteer program in all venues by completing the following tasks:
- As needed recruit, hire and train volunteers.
- Work with Event Manager and theatre venue managers to clarify roles and responsibilities for volunteers. Lead the communication of said roles and responsibilities with volunteers, making sure that volunteers can meet or exceed expectations. Check in regularly with venue managers to learn how volunteers are performing.
- Post volunteer opportunities when they arise.
- Schedule and manage volunteers using Salesforce, which includes updating accounts, and acts as the direct contact and Trust representative for volunteers. Send shift reminders as needed.
- Track volunteer hours.
- Prepare coat check deposit.
- Answer questions and resolve complaints.
- Maintain and order volunteer supplies, including name tags, coat check tags, pens and envelopes.
- When appropriate, recognize volunteers who wow our guests. When necessary, resolve issues with volunteers who act out of compliance with expectations. This person is provided the authority to dismiss volunteers if necessary.
- Create a great first impression with visitors by greeting them as they arrive, having them sign in and making them comfortable until they are picked up by employees.
- Provide a level of security by only allowing people in the building who are supposed to be given entrance. Have each visitor sign in and sign out.
- Print badges for new employees and contractors.
- Distribute badges to each visitor so employees can see the status of people in the building.
- Answer phone calls and emails.
- Receive mail and deliveries. If necessary, notify teammates about deliveries and catering arrivals.
- Keep reception area clean, neat, comfortable and inviting.
- Participate in opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including acting as backup for our ticket concierge service.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience as a receptionist or front office representative
- Experience in event or volunteer coordination
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills and a commitment to wowing every customer every time
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and contribute to the establishment of an inclusive environment
- Able to build trusting relationships and work collaboratively
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize, multitask and flex with change
- Reliable and able to handle stressful situations
- High level of integrity and able to keep confidential information private and secure
- Resourceful and able to solve problems quickly
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discernment
- Proficient in MS-Office
- Experience working with a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform
- May require some evening and weekend hours
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.