MINNEAPOLIS (Aug. 18, 2022) — After a two-tear hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Hennepin Theatre Trust have announced that The Blenders are back to restore the kind of holiday spirit that only this legendary “vocal band” can! The group’s 23rd Annual Holiday Soul Tour will take place Friday, Dec. 9 to Sunday, Dec. 11, 2022 at the Historic Pantages Theatre (710 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis).
Tickets go on sale Friday, Sept. 9 at 10 a.m. to the general public at the State Theatre Box Office (805 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis), by calling (800) 982-2787 or by HennepinTheatreTrust.org.
|Friday||Dec. 9||8 p.m.||Pantages Theatre||$48|
|Saturday||Dec. 10||8 p.m.||Pantages Theatre||$48|
|Sunday||Dec. 11||2 p.m.||Pantages Theatre||$48|
For the past two years their Christmas stage went dark. But that didn’t stop The Blenders from giving their loyal fans from ages one to 92 a taste of their annual Christmas cheer. Working with their sponsor, Bell Bank, Tim Kasper, Ryan Lance and the brothers Rust, Darren and Allan, launched a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2020 to produce six knock-out performance videos for social media called the “Holiday Studio Sessions 2020.”
“For two years, those six videos kept that Blenders Christmas spirit alive during a challenging time,” says Tim Kasper, spokesman for the Emmy-Award winning group, ”The generosity of our loyal sponsor, Bell Bank – and the incredible support from our equally loyal fans who pitched in with Kickstarter – allowed everyone to share in the spirit of a Blenders holiday performance during the hardcore pandemic years. But this year, we’re coming back healthy, rested and ready to work our magic live onstage again and to spread the joy so many find every season at our shows.”
Watch one of the six 2020 video performances of “Children Go (Where I Send Thee)” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drpZT_WFtyA
Now in their 32nd year together after forming in Fargo, The Blenders celebrated their 30th anniversary in 2019 with a new single and video , “One Last Song” – plus an hour-long documentary TV special of the same name. It was produced by Click Content Studios for the ABC affiliate WDAY-TV in Fargo. The program aired on all ABC stations in North Dakota and is available now to watch on YouTube for free.
To date, the fab foursome has made seven non-seasonal albums for various labels, including Universal and nine Christmas albums (including two collections). And Yes, They Were in Love with the McDonald’s Girl — and Yes, They’ll Take Fries with That! Their 1998 single, “(I’m in Love With the) McDonald’s Girl,” – still a fan favorite — was a number one hit in Norway and a few other European countries, plus New Zealand. Inevitably, it ended up in a McDonald’s commercial many years later.
- Cool Cameos: Their special TV documentary includes Congratulatory Cameos from Jay Leno, Howie Mandel, Arsenio Hall and more – including interviews with Levi Seacer (from Prince’s band, New Power Generation, NPG) and singer, producer and actor JD Steele – the two Twin Cities heavyweights who co-produced the group’s self-titled 1995 album for the independent record label, Orchard Lane Records (owned by the then-largest music retail chain in the country, Musicland).
- Not A Bronx Tale — Robert DeNiro and The Blenders: One time, the group was flown to New York to audition for the musical director of DeNiro’s 1993 movie, A Bronx Tale, but was rejected for a more strictly doo-wop-oriented group.
- Emmy Awards, Check: The Blenders won 3 Emmy Awards in 2007, 2008, and 2009 for a catchy little jingle they wrote, sang and performed for the Twin Cities’ Fox affiliate morning news program promo. It was called “Wake Up with Fox 9.”
- Reality TV?!: The dudes briefly toyed with the idea of doing a Reality TV show for HBO and FOX TV after being offered the opportunities in the ‘90s.
- One of the First to Explore Gun Violence in Song: For their 1995 eponymous album for Orchard Lane, Ryan Lance and Levi Seacer (from Prince’s legendary New Power Generation band) co-wrote “Charlie Anyboy” about a young kid who brings a gun to school where it discharges on the playground and kills him.
- The Blenders’ 2002 top-selling Christmas CD When It Snows charted on Billboard’s Independent CD Chart at #34, while international known R&B/Hip star and actress, Erykah Badu, called it one of her favorite Christmas albums.
- Jingle All the Way! Two Blenders arrangements of “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ and “Deck the Halls” landed in the nationally released 2007 film, The Perfect Holiday.
For more Information – or to interview The Blenders or have them perform in studio or remotely – please contact Martin Keller, Media Savant Communications, 612-729-8585, email@example.com
Hennepin Theatre Trust drives cultural and economic vitality in Minnesota through leadership of the dynamic Hennepin Theatre District in downtown Minneapolis and educational programming that reaches every area of the state. Its historic theatres — Orpheum, State and Pantages — and event center at 900 Hennepin Avenue light up Hennepin Avenue with top-tier entertainment, including the best of Broadway and a wide variety of arts programming. Hennepin Theatre Trust is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Learn more at HennepinTheatreTrust.org.
Heart of Hennepin – celebrating 100 years of the Hennepin Theatre District
To honor the centennial, Hennepin Theatre Trust is kicking off a yearlong celebration for the Orpheum, State and Pantages theatres, along with The Hennepin event center and 824 Hennepin, home to the Brave New Workshop comedy theatre. This year-long centennial celebration honors the history of the Hennepin Theatre District and looks ahead to what the future holds for the arts, the Trust and downtown neighbors. HennepinTheatreTrust.org/centennial.
This activity is made possible by voters of Minnesota through a Minnesota State Arts Board Operating Support grant, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.