The newest board members will help guide the Trust’s vision for historic Hennepin Theatre District
MINNEAPOLIS—Hennepin Theatre Trust has expanded its board of directors to include eight additional business and community leaders from around Minnesota. The new board members represent a wide variety of experience in business, nonprofits, media, communications, the arts, technology and the public sector.
“It’s vital to our mission to have a wide variety of strong leaders serving on our board of directors,” said Mark Nerenhausen, president and CEO of Hennepin Theatre Trust. “We’re working to strengthen and enhance the Hennepin Theatre District and I am delighted that these leaders are already working on board committees and in other ways to share their expertise, experience and enthusiasm.”
The new members that began serving their three-year terms on the board of directors are:
- Dan Tenenbaum, principal, Gray Plant Mooty; former board member and current campaign committee member
- Jayne Haugen Olsen, senior vice president of Owned Media, MSP Communications, editor in chief of Delta Sky magazine and editorial director of Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- Bill Moffly, managing director, market executive, Bank of America Private Bank
- Orlando Bryant, cybersecurity consultant, ZeroFOX; president of the National Association of Black Accountants Twin Cities chapter
- Christine Kwiat, vice president of product development and innovation at Schwan’s Company; serves as the business relationship manager between the company’s four business units
- Sue Ross, executive vice president of talent strategy, talent acquisition and corporate affairs, Ascena Retail Group, Inc. in Duluth
- Marie Becker, senior vice president B2B marketing strategy, operations and business services, Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale Banking division
- Andrea Hart Kajer, manager, government affairs, Comcast; also served in senior communications roles at the City of Minneapolis and the Minnesota Historical Society
Hennepin Theatre Trust board of directors also includes officers: Jay Novak, chair; Travis Barkve, vice chair/treasurer; Syl Jones, secretary; Mark Nerenhausen, president/CEO; Judy Blaseg, development committee chair; Mark Marjala, board affair committee chair; Andrea Christenson; sponsorship subcommittee co-chair; Jeannie Joas, capital campaign co-chair and sponsorship sub-committee co-chair; and Scott Benson, capital campaign co-chair. Additional members include Ann Simonds, Barbara Brin, Michele Engdahl, Gloria Freeman, Kathleen Gullickson, Ryan Johnson, Barbara Klaas, Dorraine Larison, Annette Thompson Meeks, Andrea Mokros, Melvin Tennant, Jennie Weber, and Bret Weiss.
Hennepin Theatre Trust drives cultural and economic vitality in Minnesota through leadership of the dynamic Hennepin Theatre District in downtown Minneapolis and educational programming that reaches every area of the state. Its historic theatres — Orpheum, State and Pantages — and new event center at 900 Hennepin light up Hennepin Avenue with top-tier entertainment, including the best of Broadway and a wide variety of arts programming. Hennepin Theatre Trust is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Learn more at HennepinTheatreTrust.org.