MINNEAPOLIS— Producer Jeffrey Seller and Hennepin Theatre Trust announced today that the national tour of the Broadway musical HAMILTON will play in Minneapolis at the historic Orpheum Theatre as part of the 2018-2019 Broadway on Hennepin Season.
The best way to guarantee seats to HAMILTON is to purchase a season subscription for the 2017-2018 Bank of America Broadway on Hennepin Season when it is announced next month. Those subscribers who renew their subscription for the 2018-2019 season will be able to guarantee their seats for the premiere Minneapolis engagement of HAMILTON before tickets become available to the general public.
Hennepin Theatre Trust will announce the 2017-2018 Bank of America Broadway on Hennepin Season on Monday, Jan. 23, 2017.
Information regarding HAMILTON dates and how to purchase groups and single tickets will be announced at a later time. For more information or to sign up for email notifications, please visit HennepinTheatreTrust.org.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and musical supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, HAMILTON is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.
HAMILTON is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B and Broadway, HAMILTON is the story of America then, as told by America now.
HAMILTON’s creative team previously collaborated on the 2008 Tony Award ® Winning Best Musical IN THE HEIGHTS.
HAMILTON features scenic design by David Korins, costume design by Paul Tazewell, lighting design by Howell Binkley, sound design by Nevin Steinberg, hair and wig design by Charles G. LaPointe, and casting by Telsey + Company, Bethany Knox, CSA.
The musical is produced by Jeffrey Seller, Sander Jacobs, Jill Furman and The Public Theater.
The HAMILTON Original Broadway Cast Recording is available everywhere nationwide. The HAMILTON recording received a 2016 Grammy for Best Musical Theatre Album.
HENNEPIN THEATRE TRUST is a nonprofit organization that creates positive change through the arts by bringing together people, businesses and organizations in WeDo™, the West Downtown MPLS Cultural District. We serve the community through our four theatres – the Orpheum, State, Pantages and New Century – and our unique arts, culture and education programs. Learn more at HennepinTheatreTrust.org and wedompls.org.
BANK OF AMERICA ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND GOVERNANCE At Bank of America, our focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors is critical to fulfilling our purpose of helping make people’s financial lives better. Our commitment to growing our business responsibly is embedded in every aspect of our company. It is demonstrated in the inclusive and supportive workplace we create for our employees, the responsible products and services we offer our customers, and the impact we make around the world in helping local economies thrive. An important part of this work is forming strong partnerships with nonprofits and advocate groups, such as community and environmental organizations, and art institutions that deliver both the visual and performing arts in order to bring together our collective networks and expertise to achieve greater impact. Learn more at www.bankofamerica.com/about, and connect with us on Twitter at @BofA_News.
BROADWAY ACROSS AMERICA is part of The John Gore Organization family of companies, which includes Broadway.com and is operated by John Gore (Owner & CEO). BAA is the foremost presenter of first-class touring productions in North America, operating in 38 markets. Current and past productions include Beautiful, Chicago, Fiddler on the Roof, Finding Neverland, Million Dollar Quartet, Hairspray, On Your Feet!, The Producers, and CATS. Broadway.com is the premier theater website for news, exclusive content and ticket sales. For more information please visit BroadwayAcrossAmerica.com and Broadway.com.
- When will Hamilton be here? HAMILTON will make its Minneapolis debut as part of the 2018-2019 Broadway on Hennepin Season at the historic Orpheum Theatre.
- How can I make sure I will be able to buy tickets? The best way to guarantee tickets to HAMILTON is to purchase a season subscription for the 2017-2018 Bank of America Broadway on Hennepin Season when it is announced next month. Those Subscribers who renew their subscription for the 2018-2019 season will be able to guarantee their tickets for the premiere Minneapolis engagement of HAMILTON before tickets become available to the general public.
- When will tickets go on sale? A public on sale date for HAMILTON has not yet been announced. Information about when season subscribers can purchase or renew subscriptions for 2017-2018 will be announced when we reveal the 2017-2018 Bank of America Broadway on Hennepin Season on Monday, Jan. 23, 2017.
- How long will Hamilton be in Minneapolis? Information regarding dates will be announced at a later time.
- How much will tickets cost? Ticket prices have not yet been announced.
- Where can I purchase tickets to HAMILTON? The only way to guarantee that your tickets to HAMILTON will be legitimate is to purchase from Hennepin Theatre Trust or Ticketmaster. If you see tickets listed anywhere else, there is no guarantee those tickets will be legitimate and priced correctly.
- I’d like to bring a group – how can I do that? Information regarding groups for HAMILTON will be announced at a later time.