Calling Roseville student artists!
PNC Bank, Spotlight Education and Hennepin Theatre Trust are partnering on an exciting opportunity for students of Roseville Area High School and Concordia Academy. We are seeking student applicants to create artwork for permanent display in the new PNC Solution Center in Roseville, Minnesota.
A panel of artists and arts administrators will select four students to each create a 2D piece on a 30×40 canvas that is reflective of Minnesota in some way. Depending on the medium that is proposed for the work (painting, digital artwork, collage, etc) selected students will each initially receive a canvas and $50 stipend for supplies, and will receive an additional $200 stipend upon completion of the project. Student Artists will also have the opportunity to engage with a professional artist mentor throughout the process, with two virtual meetings to assist in execution guidance.
- May 16: Application submission deadline
- May 24: Selected students notified
- May 26: Student and mentor virtual orientation
- June – mid July: Work on piece, connect with artist mentor
- July 19: Final project submission deadline, in-person
We seek artwork from diverse communities and encourage applications from artists of color, of various abilities, and/or that reflect the full diversity of the Roseville area.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Statement of Vision (approx. 150 words): Please identify your concept for the piece you wish to make and how you envision reflecting the theme of “community” (see FAQ below).
- Statement of Interest (approx. 200 words): Briefly describe why you wish to participate and how you would approach this project, the methods you will employ to make your work (stencil art, painting, photography, etc) and the message you want to communicate to the community through your final design.
- A rough sketch of your concept.
- JPG images or links to previous work samples to demonstrate ability (up to 3).
- Submit how you identify and small bio (optional – we will work together to develop).
Do I have to create a full design to apply for the opportunity?
No, we simply want to know a little about you and your idea, how you will approach the work and finally see some examples of work you have done in the past. Four artists will be selected based on eligibility and criteria and those artists will then be contracted to create the deliverables for the project.
What kind of theme are you looking for?
We are looking for a piece to reflect community in Minnesota. We welcome varied interpretations of this concept, while keeping appropriate for view at a place of business. No political themes will be accepted.
How do I get my supplies?
We will supply a primed canvas for those who intend to paint, collage, stencil, etc. Those who intend to create work digitally will be assisted when work is completed to print and wrap a canvas. We will also provide a $50 stipend for your supply needs. You will be responsible for obtaining other items you may need, and will have access to a professional artist for advice should you need it.
Will PNC own my artwork?
While you will retain the copyrights to your original work, PNC will own the piece for permanent display in their Solutions Center and will also have licensed use of the work for print replica rights for promotional materials. This will be detailed in your artist contract upon being selected.
Feel free to reach out to Sarah.Paquin@HennepinTheatreTrust.org
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.