Reporting to the security supervisor, the security specialist is responsible for establishing a welcoming, inclusive, and safe environment for guests and employees at our event center, The Hennepin, and at 824 Hennepin, the home of Brave New Workshop. It is also a priority to protect the Trust’s property and assets. It is essential that this person be friendly and professional while establishing and maintaining a safe environment. An important part of the role is to have an active, on-street presence and be able to build relationships with unsheltered people living in our neighborhood. We want our neighbors to feel welcome and safe too, while ensuring the sidewalks are crime free and that guests and employees have an easy, unfettered access to the building.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Establish a Safe, Welcoming and Inclusive Environment
- Greet and, as needed, register guests. Provide directions as necessary and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Greet employees. If asked, provide an escort to parking ramps, bus stops or to the train.
- Provide snacks, water, coffee and first aid to unsheltered people as needed.
- Establish safe, crime-free, and clean sidewalks and entryways. Ensure guests and employees have easy access to the building.
- Ensure property and assets are kept safe. Control access to buildings.
- Comply with laws and company rules and guidelines.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies and difficult situations. If needed, ensure guests and employees are kept safe during an emergency.
- Perform security checks as needed or scheduled.
- Write incident reports.
- Inform management regarding trends and issues.
- Communicate with district partners and entities like DID both updates and whenever a specific situation calls for it.
- Other work as assigned.
- Two years equivalent experience
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Effective communicator, both written and interpersonal
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to peacefully defuse difficult situations
- Ability to remain emotionally calm and retain a sense of objectivity in difficult situations
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service; passionate about delivering a great guest experience
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- High level of integrity
- Proficient in MS-Office
- Ability to follow security operations and procedures
- First aid certified
- Ability to see and respond successfully to potentially dangerous situations.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and early mornings.
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.