Triple Threat Auditions
All Juniors and Seniors participating in a Spotlight Education school’s musical production are eligible to submit a portfolio for the Triple Threat Award.
This year we will once again be accepting submissions exclusively through Submittable, an online submission system. Please be sure to give yourself plenty of time before the deadline to submit – should you need any guidance from us regarding Submittable, and don’t hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns in advance.
Students interested in participating in the Triple Threat Award must submit a portfolio with the information below. Please look carefully at the dates and times. Finalists MUST be available for all performances and rehearsals.
The Spotlight Triple Threat award recipients will be presented to students who not only have talent for singing, dancing and acting, but who also show leadership ability and efforts to better their community through their art.
Submission period: March 1 to April 25, 2016.
- “T.L.C” Essay: 1-2 pages describing your high school musical theatre experience and how you’ve displayed talent, leadership and built community through your artistic work. Be sure to include any of your experiences with Spotlight Education.
- Video: Not to exceed 5 minutes. Please include:
- 2-3 min: Two contrasting songs with piano accompaniment
- 1 min Monologue 1 min clip (from show is fine) showing dance ability
- Your director will also be asked to provide a reference should you make it to the live audition.
The Triple Threat Honor Submittable page link can be found on our website and will also be sent out March 1st, 2016 when the submission window opens. This link will be posted to our social media sites as well. https://spotlight.submittable.com/submit
Note: The website only accepts submissions until 11:59pm on Monday, April 25th, 2016
Live Audition Information:
Based on portfolios, the Top 30 will be notified by Wednesday, May 11th 2016 and invited to the live audition on Monday, May 23th, 2016.
Students involved will be asked to:
- Perform 2 contrasting songs (32 Bars of each)
- Perform a one minute monologue
- Participate in a short dance combination taught at the audition
Additional Information & Timeline:
We will select a Top 10 for each Showcase night. These 20 finalists will be invited to perform an additional number at the Spotlight Showcase on their assigned night. From each night’s Top 10 Finalists, one Triple Threat Best Actress and one Triple Threat Best Actor will be announced each night of Showcase. The four honorees will receive a customized trip to New York City during the month of June to attend Broadway shows, meet with industry professionals and participate in acting, singing and dance classes. Airfare, accommodations, show tickets, class and workshop fees and 3-meals a day will be funded by Hennepin Theatre Trust.