Directors and Student Leaders Summer Conference
Hennepin Theatre Trust and Perpich Center for Arts Education are excited to co-present a theatre professional development workshop designed specifically for educators and their students from across the state! This is a great way to earn continuing education credits.
Workshop highlights include:
- Keynote Speaker, Randy Reyes, Artistic Director of Mu Performing Arts
- Presentations by professional directors and K-12 theatre teachers on topics ranging from creating a devised show to addressing issues of diversity in the field;
- A meet-and-greet dinner with local performers and fellow teachers
- Tickets to see Motown, The Musical at the Orpheum Theatre;
- Professional Development Clock Hours.
Sample Workshop Sessions:
- Creating a Devised Show
- Rehearsal Process: Increasing Student Access to the Rehearsal Process
- Movement for Musical Theatre
- Increasing Diversity in the Theatre Curriculum: The Motown Panel
- Character Study (Student Track)
- Making a Career in Design & Theatre Tech (Student Track)
Similar to last year, this year’s workshop includes a track for students attending with their teachers. The student track is open to youth in grades 9-12.
When: July 12-13, 207
Where: The Orpheum Theatre (Minneapolis) and Perpich Center for Arts Education (Golden Valley)
Cost: $100 (Teachers) and $75 (Students).
Registration fee includes dinner and a ticket to see Motown: The Musical on July 12th, full access to session presentations during the workshop, and lunch on July 13th.
Registration Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2017 or until the workshop is full.
For questions or additional information about the workshop, please call (763) 279-4182 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.