Spotlight Student & Educator Information
We want to thank you for being a leader in your high school musical theatre community and a dedicated member of the Spotlight family. To celebrate, we’re throwing you a party on March 23. Come join us in Minneapolis for an afternoon of good food, good conversation and great opportunities. Register by March 15 to attend.
Spotlight students: join us for a special inclusive musical theatre opportunity this spring! Today 60 million Americans live with some form of disability. We’re looking for 15 Spotlight students to work side by side with a group of adults with developmental disabilities in a series of six workshops and two short performances — led by three local top-tier theatre professionals in voice, dance and acting. Apply here.
Spotlight Education is excited to partner with Theater Latté Da for three uniquely tailored educational experiences to our students this season. There will be three masterclasses that will all include dinner and a ticket to the show for $25 each. Learn more about each experience and sign up to participate.
Two students from the Spotlight Education Triple Threat finalists will be selected to participate in the National High School Musical Theatre Awards™ — the Jimmy® Awards — in New York City in June. Students interested in the competition must submit a portfolio by April 5 to be considered. Review the award webpage for deadlines, important dates and portfolio requirements.
See the calendar of events below for additional upcoming opportunities.
Director’s Handbook (PDF) – The Spotlight Education 2018-2019 Director’s Handbook provides the most up-to-date information about Spotlight Education, including processes, fees, deadlines and key events occurring across the 2018-2019 season. The content is intended for theatre directors and their creative teams at both current and prospective Spotlight schools.
Snipe Image (JPG) – Acknowledge your school’s participation in Spotlight Education in your production’s playbill/program.
General Press Release (DOCX) – A general information press release about Spotlight Education for your local media.
Honors Press Release (DOCX) – A template press release announcing your performance’s recognition from Spotlight Education.
Calendar of Events 2019
- February 25 – Triple Threat Submission Window Opens
- March 11 – NEWS Masterclass, Waconia High School
- March 16 – Triple Threat Masterclass, 900 Hennepin
- March 16 – Broadway Ticket Offer, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2 p.m. performance)
- March 23 – Senior Day Celebration
- April 5 – Triple Threat Submission Window Closes
- April 13 – Featured Dancer Masterclass
- April 15 – Triple Threat Live Audition Announcement
- April 29 – Triple Threat Live Audition
- May 4 – Triple Threat Call Backs
- May 8 – Triple Threat Announcement
- June 2 – Showcase Rehearsals Begin
- June 6 – Broadway Ticket Offer, Dear Evan Hansen
- June 10 –11 – Spotlight Showcase Events
- July 31 – Theater Director and Educator Conference