Spotlight Student & Educator Information
Join the dancers of SHAPESHIFT, a theatrical storytelling dance company that fuses hip-hop and contemporary movement to create high-powered productions. Learn more and sign up for the July 10 class here.
Spotlight Education is excited to partner with Theater Latté Da for three uniquely tailored educational experiences to our students this season. There will be three masterclasses that will all include dinner and a ticket to the show for $25 each. Learn more about each experience and sign up to participate.
See the calendar of events below for additional upcoming opportunities.
Join K-12 theater directors and educators for an intensive workshop day. Topics will include experiential learning about performance techniques, hands-on training in various aspects of production, opportunities to hone your curriculum and learn about pathways to theater education licensure, and dialogues to spark your thinking about theater performance. Register here.
Director’s Handbook (PDF) – The Spotlight Education 2018-2019 Director’s Handbook provides the most up-to-date information about Spotlight Education, including processes, fees, deadlines and key events occurring across the 2018-2019 season. The content is intended for theatre directors and their creative teams at both current and prospective Spotlight schools.
Snipe Image (JPG) – Acknowledge your school’s participation in Spotlight Education in your production’s playbill/program.
General Press Release (DOCX) – A general information press release about Spotlight Education for your local media.
Honors Press Release (DOCX) – A template press release announcing your performance’s recognition from Spotlight Education.
Calendar of Events 2019
- February 25 – Triple Threat Submission Window Opens
- March 11 – NEWS Masterclass, Waconia High School
- March 16 – Triple Threat Masterclass, 900 Hennepin
- March 16 – Broadway Ticket Offer, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2 p.m. performance)
- March 23 – Senior Day Celebration
- April 5 – Triple Threat Submission Window Closes
- April 13 – Featured Dancer Masterclass
- April 15 – Triple Threat Live Audition Announcement
- April 29 – Triple Threat Live Audition
- May 4 – Triple Threat Call Backs
- May 8 – Triple Threat Announcement
- June 2 – Showcase Rehearsals Begin
- June 6 – Broadway Ticket Offer, Dear Evan Hansen
- June 10 –11 – Spotlight Showcase Events
- July 31 – Theater Director and Educator Conference