Spotlight Showcase Participation
If you are a school and have received an Achievement in Musical Theatre honor, your production will be invited to participate in our year-end celebration. We ask that you save complete archival copies of the following:
- Keyboard 2
A handbook will be made available to guide you through this process.
- Outstanding: Students receiving this honor are eligible to perform
- Honorable mention: Students receiving this honor are eligible to perform
- Seniors: Any senior engaged at a Spotlight Education school is eligible to perform
- Featured dancer: Two students per school (nominated by their directors) are eligible to perform
- Triple Threat Finalists: Students who have advanced through the audition process are eligible to perform
- Special production number: Students/community members may participate by invitation
- Spotlight orchestra: Any student engaged at a Spotlight Education school is eligible to perform
- Alumni engagement: Any student alumni of Spotlight Education is eligible to perform
Any technical student who participated in the Production Assessment process has the opportunity to assist with various technical aspects throughout Spotlight Showcase rehearsal week and the show itself. Student technician sign ups will be made available each spring. If students are interested in receiving the Technical Theatre Excellence honor, see below.
Spotlight students will have the opportunity to participate in the creation of the Spotlight Showcase script every spring prior to Showcase rehearsal week. Students will work with professional script writers to create the overall messaging and content for the Showcase script. Student writer sign ups will be made available each spring.
If you have any questions regarding Showcase participation, please email us at SpotlightEducation@HennepinTheatreTrust.org.