Reports to: Theatre Operations Manager
Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Reporting to the theatre operations manager, the usher ensures patrons are checked in appropriately and directed to their seats. The person in this role needs to possess a high level of customer service, enjoy creating a positive and inclusive environment, and flex with varying degrees of traffic. The role primarily works in the theatre at 824 Hennepin, the home of the Brave New Workshop, but may work in the other event space in that building or at The Hennepin at 900 Hennepin Avenue as assigned.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
- Before performances, ensure the theatre and all public spaces (lobbies, stairwells, restrooms) are clean and neat.
- Scan theatre tickets and direct patrons to their seat. As needed, walk patrons to their seats in a courteous and professional manner. Depending on the show, hand out programs.
- Attend to patrons with special needs requirements as directed by the theatre operations manager.
- Assist with crowd control and line management in a calm, friendly and effective manner.
- Be familiar with emergency and accident procedures and guidelines. Appropriately respond to and provide direction to patrons in emergency or evacuation situations.
- Be knowledgeable of Hennepin Theatre Trust and its contribution to the community, Brave New Workshop’s performances, and building highlights in order to share accurate information with patrons.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record for providing exceptional customer service.
- Active commitment to a collaborative and productive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Takes initiative.
- Dependable and resourceful.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; able to easily adapt to change.
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Comply with the dress code policy during all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.