Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State, Pantages and New Century Theatres, is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to arts-inspired community cultural development. We present a rich mix of live performances, create inspiring arts education experiences and advance a thriving downtown Minneapolis Cultural District. Our activities include presenting Broadway touring productions, concerts, comedy, speakers and other variety entertainment. We honor and inspire high school musical talent and critical review skills through our SpotLight Education program for high schools. We also create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows. Hennepin Theatre Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reporting to the Theatre Manager, the primary role of the Bartender is to provide concessions service and help achieve a positive guest experience for all New Century Theatre patrons. The Bartender is responsible for bar preparation, over all cleanliness, shift sales reconciliations and end of shift clean up. The Bartender must deliver high-quality service using proper food and beverage handling best practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and stock bars, replenishing as necessary
- Maintains cleanliness of all bars and ensures bars are in proper working condition
- Conducts cleanup, storing of products and supplies, and related duties at the end of the shift; reports equipment repair needs to Manager
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen and kitchen equipment, removes trash and recycling
- Accurately and efficiently fills orders for customers requesting beverages
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers, management staff and show-related personnel
- Maintains an acceptable liquor pouring percentage, according to policy
- Follows the State of Minnesota and Employers policies regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages including identification verification
- Assist Manager with stocking, cleaning and organizing of liquor rooms
- Accounts properly for nightly inventory
- Counts beginning bank cash on hand and reconciles ending bank cash to register tape, handles cash according to policy and completes the deposit envelope
- Attends ongoing training events as assigned
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts and maintains appropriate uniformed appearance
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a bartender
- Basic math skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems
- Pass background check
- Has completed or can completed Safe Serve or T.I.P.S. training
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time
- At least 21 years of age
All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.