Reporting to the event operations manager, the primary role of the bartender is to deliver exceptional customer service while responsibly providing concessions service to guests of The Hennepin. The bartender is responsible for bar preparation, over all cleanliness, shift sales reconciliations, and end of shift clean up. The bartender must deliver high-quality service using proper food and beverage handling best practices. The role is also responsible for ensuring we are not over-serving nor serving anyone underage.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Delivers a great guest experience while accurately and efficiently filling orders for customers.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers, management staff, caterers, and event-related personnel.
- Maintains an acceptable liquor pouring percentage, according to policy.
- Follows the State of Minnesota and Employers policies regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages including identification verification.
- Sets up and stock bars, replenishing as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of all bars and ensures bars are in proper working condition.
- Conducts cleanup so the bar is prepared for the next day, storing products and supplies, and completing other related duties at the end of the shift.
- Reports equipment repair needs to Event Operations Manager.
- As needed, maintains cleanliness of kitchen and kitchen equipment, removes trash and recycling; helps with stocking, cleaning, and organizing of liquor storage rooms.
- Accounts properly for nightly inventory.
- Counts beginning bank cash on hand and reconciles ending bank cash.
- Attends ongoing training events as assigned.
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts and maintains appropriate uniformed appearance.
- Assist in completion of reports as requested.
- Be familiar with emergency and accident procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a bartender
- Proven track record for providing top-notch customer service
- Ability and commitment to a collaborative and productive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excels at being a member of team
- Takes initiative
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; able to easily adapt to change
- Experience completing credit card transactions and operating a cash register
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time
- At least 21 years of age
All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.