Reporting to the event operations manager, the primary role of the bartender is to deliver exceptional customer service while responsibly providing concessions service to guests of The Hennepin and Dudley Riggs Theatre. The bartender is also responsible for bar set up and preparation, overall cleanliness, sales reconciliations, and end of shift clean up. Bartenders will monitor guest consumption to ensure no one is overserved and diligently check IDs to ensure no minors are served. Bartenders may be invited to participate in product selection, cocktail development, or other special projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers a great guest experience while quickly, accurately, and efficiently filling orders for customers.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude toward customers, co-workers, management staff, caterers, and event-related personnel.
- Pours consistent and accurate quantities of wine and liquor, according to policy.
- Follows state and local laws and employer’s policies regarding alcohol service including checking IDs, ceasing service when appropriate, and informing management of any guest safety issues.
- Follows state and local laws and employer’s policies regarding the safe handling of food and beverages.
- Sets up and stocks bars, replenishing product and other supplies after each shift.
- Maintains cleanliness of all bars and ensures bars are in proper working condition.
- Conducts cleanup so the bar is prepared for the next day, storing products and supplies, and completing other related duties at the end of the shift.
- Reports equipment repair needs to Event Operations Manager.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen and kitchen equipment, removes trash and recycling; helps with stocking, cleaning, and organizing of liquor storage rooms.
- Assists with monthly physical inventory as needed.
- Counts beginning bank cash on hand and reconciles ending bank cash.
- Attends ongoing training events as assigned.
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts and maintains an appropriate uniform appearance.
- Assists in completion of reports as requested.
- Assists with event set up and take down as requested.
- Provides feedback on product selection, sales trends, and patron behavior as requested.
- Is familiar with emergency and accident procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a bartender
- Proven track record for providing top-notch customer service
- Capable of making a variety of cocktails
- Comfortable discussing beers, wines, and liquors with patrons and making recommendations.
- Committed to a collaborative and productive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excels at being a member of team
- Takes initiative
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; able to easily adapt to change
- Experience completing credit card transactions and operating a cash register
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time
- At least 21 years of age
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.