Security and guest code
Hennepin Theatre Trust is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for their patrons. As such, we have recently reviewed and upgraded security procedures at the Orpheum, State and Pantages theatres. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the policies and information below for an enjoyable experience arriving at the theatre.
All persons will pass through walk-through metal detectors and have their bags searched for prohibited items. Please be aware that lines to enter the theatre will be outside, regardless of the weather conditions. Unless otherwise noted, children under two, including babies in arms, are not allowed in the theatre.
We suggest arriving a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the scheduled performance time. Doors to the venue will open approximately one hour prior to the performance time. Doors inside the theatre generally open for seating 30 minutes prior to the start of the show. Late arrivals will be seated at the discretion of management, according to the wishes of the production.
The items listed below, and any additional items that the theatre management determines could potentially distract from the audience’s safety and enjoyment, are prohibited and not allowed inside the venue.* The theatre reserves the right to eject or bar entry to patrons who have such prohibited items in their possession.
- Backpacks or oversized bags
- Laptops or tablets
- Weapons, including pocketknives
- Outside food or beverages, including alcohol or water*
- Cameras with external flash or interchangeable lenses
- Recording devices (audio/video)
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Chemical weapons, including mace or pepper spray
- Selfie sticks
- Laser pointers or flashlights
- Pets (service animals exempt)
- Tripods or monopods
- Signs, flags, banners or optical illusions
- Beach balls or projectiles
- Fireworks or noise making devices
- Skateboards, scooters or rollerblades
*Exceptions will be made for those with disabilities, medical requirements and/or special needs. Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to disabilities, medical conditions or special needs should call 612.339.7007 or email [email protected] prior to attending the event to arrange for reasonable accommodations.
Guest code of conduct
Historic Theatre Group, LLC, the management company for the State, Orpheum and Pantages Theatres (the “Theatre”) is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable entertainment experience for all of our patrons. Guests have a right to expect an environment where:
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all Theatre personnel.
- Guests will assist in creating a safe and enjoyable environment by reporting inappropriate behavior to an Usher or Security Officer.
- Guests will comply with requests from venue staff and security regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner and in compliance with law.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects, using foul/abusive language or gestures, attempting to enter restricted areas or engaging in other behavior detrimental to the experience of other guests will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- Guests will not interfere with the event or performers in any way.
- Guests will not smoke anywhere inside the Theatre at any time.
- Guests will wear a shirt, shoes and lower garments at all times.
Your ticket is a revocable license exclusively valid for the event listed on the ticket and is additionally subject to the full terms and conditions found at www.ticketmaster.com and additional terms that are listed on or incorporated into the back of the ticket. Theatre Management reserves the right to revoke this license without refund for non-compliance with any Ticketmaster and/or Theatre terms and policies, as determined in the sole discretion of Theater personnel.
Theatre staff may intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard, or staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest and prosecution.