Multimedia Communications Specialist
Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State and Pantages Theatres, is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to arts-inspired community cultural development. We present a rich mix of live performances, create inspiring arts education experiences and advance a thriving downtown Minneapolis Cultural District. Our activities include presenting Broadway touring productions, concerts, comedy, speakers and other variety entertainment. We honor and inspire high school musical talent and critical review skills through our Spotlight Education program for high schools. We also create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows. Hennepin Theatre Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Multimedia Communications Specialist develops content for Hennepin Theatre Trust’s digital platforms assists in the creation and execution of the organization’s digital communications strategy. This individual has a wide range of skills that demonstrate command of effective visual storytelling techniques. Successful candidates must have a keen understanding of story development, know how to craft stories and messages that engage key audiences, develop effective messages and campaigns for social channels, produce creative content under tight deadlines, and possess a full understanding of video and editing technology. The position reports to the director of public relations and communications and is part of a collaborative team that integrates consistent messaging throughout all channels to support the broad mission of the organization, including the sales and marketing of Broadway shows and other entertainment; education and public art initiatives; promotions for our event center; and fundraising efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently identify and capitalize on opportunities to tell stories about the work of Hennepin Theatre Trust and reinforce key messages and themes via social media channels
- Develop and sustain the digital voice of the Trust; manage and maintain social media accounts; monitor social activity; and work with leadership and departments on accurate and timely responses
- Write, edit and produce content for social media channels, the website and email communications
- Provide multimedia support: Shoot, produce and edit video segments and take photographs for use across all digital channels
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues across the Trust to conceptualize and develop plans using digital and social media channels
- Foster online community engagement
- Provide multimedia support, capturing and editing video to accompany content on multiple channels and taking photographs
Manage and measure digital communication channels and tactics
- Research, recommend, and implement standards and practices for Trust digital communications, including social media, website and email
- Execute digital communications strategies and campaigns to support the Trust’s strategic marketing and communications goals
- Use analytical tools to evaluate and report on digital communications performance in social media and modify strategies accordingly
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop and distribute messaging to support all functions of the trust including the sales and marketing of Broadway shows and other live entertainment, promotion of education and public art initiatives and fundraising efforts
- Write and edit the Trust website as needed
- Oversee archive of digital assets
- Follow communications and media trends, and evaluate effectiveness of communications and marketing strategies
- Serve as a resource for colleagues throughout the trust on strategies and best practices for digital communications
- Manage special projects as needed
- Support events conducted by Hennepin Theatre Trust as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, visual communication, information design, photojournalism or equivalent experience
- Two to four years of fulltime professional experience writing, editing or managing organizational social media accounts and producing video projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated skills working with digital platforms including social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube), social media integration tools, mass email, website content management systems
- A demonstrated experience in cultivating online communities
- Demonstrated experience video production, including shooting, editing and publishing content
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and experience with Adobe Creative suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
- Understanding of Google analytics, as well as SEM and SEO
- Familiarity with AP Style Guide and understanding of brand standards
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and contribute to the establishment of an inclusive environment
- Successful track record in building trusting relationships and work collaboratively
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize, multitask and problem-solve
- High attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discernment
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discernment
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Some nights and weekends are required.
Please attach a resume, cover letter and two work samples with your application. One of the work samples should be an example of visual storytelling. No phone calls, please. Complete job descriptions are available by request.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.