Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State and Pantages Theatres, is an independent, non-profit arts organization dedicated to community cultural development. We also teach and inspire high school students across the state through our Spotlight Education program, and create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows. Our new event center at 900 Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis will host a number of events including live theatre, live music, corporate meetings, parties, weddings and other events.
Reporting to the Event Manager, the primary role of the Bartender is to deliver exceptional customer service while responsibly providing concessions service to guests of 900 Hennepin. The Bartender is responsible for bar preparation, over all cleanliness, shift sales reconciliations, and end of shift clean up. The Bartender must deliver high-quality service using proper food and beverage handling best practices. The role is also responsible for ensuring we are not over serving nor serving anyone underage.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers a great guest experience while accurately and efficiently filling orders for customers.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers, management staff, caterers and event-related personnel.
- Maintains an acceptable liquor pouring percentage, according to policy.
- Follows the State of Minnesota and Employers policies regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages including identification verification.
- Sets up and stock bars, replenishing as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of all bars and ensures bars are in proper working condition.
- Conducts cleanup so the bar is prepared for the next day, storing products and supplies, and completing other related duties at the end of the shift.
- Reports equipment repair needs to Event Manager.
- As needed, maintains cleanliness of kitchen and kitchen equipment, removes trash and recycling; helps with stocking, cleaning and organizing of liquor storage rooms.
- Accounts properly for nightly inventory.
- Counts beginning bank cash on hand and reconciles ending bank cash to register tape, handles cash according to policy and completes the deposit envelope.
- Attends ongoing training events as assigned.
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts and maintains appropriate uniformed appearance.
- Assist in completion of reports as requested.
- Be familiar with emergency and accident procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a bartender
- Basic math skills
- Proven track record for providing top-notch customer service
- Able to work well with a diverse group of guests
- Excels at being a member of team
- Takes initiative
- Well-developed problem solving skills; able to easily adapt to change
- Experience completing credit card transactions and operating a cash register
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time
- At least 21 years of age
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.