Hennepin Theatre Trust, owner of the historic Orpheum, State and Pantages Theatres, is an independent, non-profit arts organization dedicated to community cultural development. We also teach and inspire high school students across the state through our Spotlight Education program, and create and operate unique projects like, Made Here, which puts art in vacant storefront windows. Our new event center at 900 Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis will host a number of events including live theatre, live music, corporate meetings, parties, weddings and other activities.
Reporting to the Event Manager, the primary role of the House Manager is to deliver an exceptional guest experience while overseeing assigned events at 900 Hennepin. The House Manager is responsible for the overall operation of assigned events and for making sure our client’s desired outcomes are met by ensuring service teams (bartenders, caterers, musicians/djs, etc.) are meeting or exceeding expectations and that events run smoothly by directing resources and, when needed, assisting in completing tasks. The House Manager must be able to coordinate events, both big and small, simple and complex. The role must be able to quickly build trust with the client and respond to client’s needs in a timely, friendly fashion. In the absence of the Event Manager or Operations Manager, acts as the primary point of contact for client, guests and service team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall, this role is responsible for delivering the desired client’s outcomes for the event. The tasks may begin as early as load-in and set up and will continue through the event take down, load out and room restoration.
- Delivers a great guest experience as the person overseeing assigned events for the Trust.
- Able to build positive relationships quickly with customers, co-workers, management staff, caterers and event-related personnel. Responsible for resolving customer complaints.
- For assigned events, acts as primary point of contact for clients, guests, employees, volunteers, caterers and other event-related staff. Delegates work to employees and volunteers.
- Ensure the event space is clean, neat and ready for guests well in advance of the event’s start time.
- Reconcile concessions receipts and complete close out procedure with bartenders.
- Assist in completion of reports as requested.
- May act as greeter for some events.
- Able to serve as backup bartender as needed.
- For ticketed events, may scan tickets, help with seating and close out ticketing scanner.
- As needed, maintains cleanliness of kitchen and kitchen equipment, removes trash and recycling; helps with stocking, cleaning and organizing bar and/or liquor storage rooms.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Bartending experience
- Basic understanding of sound and light tech work
- Basic math skills
- Proven track record for providing top-notch customer service
- Able to work well with a diverse group of guests
- Excels at being a member of team
- Takes initiative
- Well-developed problem solving skills; able to easily adapt to change
- Ability to report time using electronic time keeping systems
- Experience completing credit card transactions and operating a cash register
- Has completed or can completed Safe Serve or T.I.P.S. training
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended lengths of time
- At least 21 years of age
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.