We reserve the right to modify this policy from time to time and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. We recommend you visit the Site to review any changes in our practices, as continued use of the Site is deemed acceptance of all changes.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you when you use portions of the Site, such as your name, email address, phone number and physical address, when you buy tickets, donate to the Trust, or seek to get in contact with us. We do not currently offer an “account” setting, but may in the future, though registration will be optional. Some features or functionality may not be available on the Site unless you provide us with certain information we request.
If you use certain third-party links from our Site to buy tickets from our third party ticket providers (like TicketMaster and E-tix), we may collect certain information you provide to our third-party ticket providers to issue tickets to you, provide seating or event information, and collect other information regarding your transaction and your purchasing history, as provided to us by our third party providers.
You are able to make tax-deductible donations to Hennepin Theatre Trust through our designated third party provider for donations, which is available through a link from our Site. If you make a donation through this third party, we collect information about the transaction, including your name, contact information, payment status and billing information. We do not retain credit card data.
Our Site also collects technical information about your technology interface or preferences (such as IP address, type of browser used, the type of devise used, your operating system or the files requested). Additionally, the Site uses “cookies” to allow our server to recognize you through the navigation of the Site, uses persistent cookies to provide our advertisers certain information regarding your use of our Site, and “web beacons” that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products and also collect information that is necessary for our Site to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding our products or services;
- Sending communications in connection with your transaction and events you attend;
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site to allow us to provide better service;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate our Site and develop additional products and services to offer;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about performances, products or services we are offering;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on our Site that you have initiated;
- Using information (e.g. your interests, purchases and household type or any information necessary to satisfy your request or fulfil your ticket purchase) provided to us by third party providers to provide you with relevant information regarding the Trust or the Site. We may also add information to your details which we have obtained from other companies or sources;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party advertisers, vendors and providers; and
- Providing your information to third parties who are hosting an event or other show at one of our theatre locations;
Other than payment information processed by our designated third parties, at no time will credit or debit card information be communicated or shared with any third party, nor do we save credit or debit card information. If you are attending an event at one of our locations, we will share your information with the host of the event.
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of marketing on our behalf, credit card processing, data management, maintenance or development of our Site, and other services performed on our behalf. We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. In the event you use our third party providers to purchase tickets, the privacy policies of those third parties will determine their use of your information. We may share information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
We use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display our advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage or may display advertising on our website based on your browser history. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with us. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
Opting Out of Communications
In addition to contacting us, you can opt out of receiving marketing email communications by unsubscribing to emails on the Trust’s third-party email provider or by following the instructions in any promotional message you get. If you would like to opt out of notifications from third party service providers (such as TicketMaster), you must use their process for changing account settings or unsubscribing to messages. Even if you opt out, you will still receive transactional messages regarding your purchase.
Protection of User Information
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information we process and maintain, including encrypting transmission of information using Secure Sockets Layer.
Limiting Information Collected
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists that are used to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at email@example.com; and
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” from your Site usage through your browser settings or through Google’s Ads Settings. Certain cookie limitations may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the Site.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the Site.
Hennepin Theatre Trust
615 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403