2020 Technical Theater Excellence Finalists
|First Name||Last Name||School|
|Zachary||Benson||Stillwater Area High School|
|Samantha||Brown||St. Michael-Albertville High School|
|Ainsley||Cox||DeLaSalle High School|
|Simon||Kroll||Pierz Healy High School|
|Adamson||Novak||Maple Grove Senior High School|
About the program
Two graduating seniors will travel to New York City for a curated career pathways experience. Any graduating senior who engages in technical theater is eligible for this recognition, regardless of discipline. This experience will provide students with expanded knowledge, tools and connections to further their technical careers.
Students interested in participating in the above offerings must submit a portfolio with the information below. Please look carefully at the dates and times. Finalists must be available for all performances and rehearsals.
The portfolio submission deadline has passed.
Important dates 2020
- April 15 at 11:59 p.m.: Portfolio submission deadline
- April 22: Advancement to virtual interviews announced
- April 24: Virtual interviews
- April 27: Technical Theatre Excellence Finalists announced
- June 5: Theatre load-in
- June 6-7: Technical rehearsals
- June 8-9: Both Showcase events
- June 19 – 24*: Travel to New York City
*Dates subject to change
- Answer the following prompts
- Please describe your technical background and discipline interests.
- In 200 words or less, describe the impact that technical theater has had on your life.
- If selected to travel to New York City, what are you most interested in getting out of the experience?
- Technical resume
- Supporting materials showcasing your work in a technical discipline