Chowgirls Killer Catering
Chowgirls Killer Catering provides catering for Hennepin Theatre Trust events. Their business typically comes from catering events. At this time, Chowgirls is unable to provide events for clients, instead focusing attention on supporting Minnesota Central Kitchen. Read below to see how you they are shifting efforts and how you can help support their efforts.
How are you following government safety protocols?
Non-essential visitors and delivery personnel are not permitted in the building to keep staff and volunteers safe. Chowgirls follows a strict sanitation procedure for all food, supplies and people entering the building.
How are you supporting the community right now?
Chowgirls is utilizing their resources and expertise to contribute to Minnesota Central Kitchen (MCK), a collaboration between Chowgirls, Second Harvest Heartland and Loaves & Fishes. MCK’s goal is to provide nourishing meals for their neighbors in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the first two weeks of MCK operations, they provided employment for more than 50 people, rescued perishable food from almost 50 restaurants, food suppliers and other organizations, and prepared thousands of meals to feed the community. This effort allows Chowgirls to keep working with their staff, volunteers, and partners to continue feeding people.
How you can help
- Donate: Make a cash donation to Second Harvest Heartland
- Kitchen Assistance: Skilled chefs or food-service workers interested in being a paid volunteer can email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Minnesota Central Kitchen Volunteer
- Food Donations: Food businesses may donate using Feeding America’s MealConnect program
- Supply Donations: Email email@example.com, subject line Minnesota Central Kitchen Supply Donation. New-in-package supplies keep MCK operations running smoothly:
- Masking tape
- Sunburst brand commercial dish chemicals
- Clorox or other sanitizing wipes
- Thermometers for humans
- Non-latex gloves
- Foil hotel pans and lids
- Compostable to-go boxes
- 50-gallon commercial compost bags
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- 24” plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Foot-pump hand-washing stations
- Foot pulls for doors
- Black Sharpies
- Sandwich baggies
- Sugar-free Red Bull