Hennepin Theatre Trust and Disney Theatrical Productions are proud to offer a sensory-friendly performance of Disney’s The Lion King. This performance is specifically designed for individuals with sensory differences, cognitive or developmental disabilities, and those who benefit from a relaxed theater environment along with their families and caretakers. With the partnership of Fraser, the show will be performed in a supportive and judgment-free environment.
Accommodations at this performance include:
- Lower sound levels, especially for startling or intense sounds.
- House lights on at a low level throughout the performance.
- Standing and movement accommodated in spaces throughout the theatre.
- Designated sensory break areas throughout the theatre.
- Trained volunteers and professionals on hand during the entire performance.
- Sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise-canceling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show.
- Online and printed guidance materials about the show experience.
- Audio Description will be available for this performance.
- Audience members were welcome to bring their own manipulatives (e.g., blocks), seat cushions, comfort objects and extra support items to the show.
More information will be coming soon regarding this upcoming performance. Please check back here for updates.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].
Please sign up via the button below to receive more information about this performance.